The Kiss

"Thank you for today. I really had fun." Taehyung smiled at you as both of you walked up the stairs to the front door.
"You're welcome. I had fun too." You shyly replied, the word 'wife' still lingered on your mind.
Taehyung turned the knob & pushed the door open.
"Huh? How come the light's on?" He asked in confusion.
Then, you saw your father in law, Taehyung's father, sitting down on the sofa, reading something on his phone.
"Oh. Abeonim. Annyeong haseyo." You bowed at him, surprised that he visited you without any prior announcement.
"Kim Taehyung, where have you been? Why didn't you come to the lunch meeting with Jang sajang?" Taehyung's dad lowered his glasses & sternly said to Taehyung.
"I had something more important to do." He answered without looking at his father.
"What was more important than the merger meeting with Jang sajang? A date with your wife? Y/n, I expected you to support him in his work, not to distract him with trivial dates." Your father in law turned his focus on you & scolded you.
"Choesonghamnida abeonim. I didn't-" You immediately bowed at him, you were completely clueless that Taehyung had cancelled an important meeting just to go with you to the dog cafe.
"It's my fault, not hers. She didn't know." Taehyung said as he pulled you behind him.
You were touched by Taehyung's protective action, even though you could handle the situation & didn't mind the scolding.
"Huhhh... Fine, I'll forgive you this time," your father in law sighed, "but tomorrow you have to go to Park sajang's charity ball & apologize to Jang sajang in person for bailing on him today. You need to come too Y/n."
"M-me? B-but I-" You glanced nervously at Taehyung, surely he didn't want to bring you to parties?
"We'll be there." Taehyung readily agreed.
"Good. It's nice to see that you two are getting along well. I can't wait to hear some good news about my future grandchildren." Taehyung's dad lifted the corners of his lips slightly.
"Future grandchil- Abeonim!" Taehyung exclaimed in protest, his ears reddened.
You lowered your head to hide your fervently blushing cheeks.
"Alright then, I'll let you youngsters do your job. Good night." Taehyung's dad rose from his seat & walked towards the exit.
"Annyeonghi gaseyo abeonim." You bowed at his back & watched him disappear behind the door.
Awkward silence enveloped you & Taehyung. Both of you were still embarrassed by Taehyung's dad's remark earlier.
"I-" "It's-" You said almost at the same time.
"You go first." Taehyung said while still averting his gaze.
"Oh. I was gonna say, it's getting late, I'll go back to my room now." You didn't dare to look at him either, afraid you were going to blush even further.
"Ah ok. I should get going too. Ehmm.. Good night." He abruptly turned around & walked briskly back to his room.
You couldn't hold back your smile anymore as you closed your room door behind you. Your heart felt so warm & fuzzy.
Wife.. Husband..
"Aaaaaa!" You hugged your pillow tight & muffled your scream with it.
Kim Taehyung, I'm really falling for you now.

"Please come this way Miss." The lady signaled you to follow her, so you did.
Your steps wobbled slightly because you were still not used to wearing high heels.
"Sir, your wife is ready. Is there anything you would like to change?" She called out to Taehyung, who was waiting for you at the salon's lobby.
He turned around & the look on his face when his eyes landed on you was priceless. You knew you looked good, the makeup artist & stylist did their job very well, but you didn't think that you'd leave Taehyung speechless.
"Sir? Is something wrong?" The lady asked him with voice full of worry.
"Oh. Nothing's wrong. You did a great job. Come on, let's go Y/n." He woke up from his daze & offered his arm to you, which you gladly took because you needed all the support you could get with those stilettos you were wearing.
"Do I look ugly? How come you don't say anything?" You teased him on purpose.
"Huh? Uhmm.. No.. Ehmm.. You look beautiful." His ears reddened as soon as the words escaped his lips.
"Well, thank you. You look good too." And he did. He looked so handsome in his dark green suit, that butterflies flew in your stomach every time you glimpsed at him.
I can't believe that such a fine man is my husband.