Leap of Faith

Taehyung POV
"That's it for today. Good job everyone." Taehyung hastily collected his things on the table & rose from his seat.
"B-but sajangnim, it's only 3 pm & we still have a few details to discuss about the building development project." His manager asked him in confusion.
"Well.. It's Friday & all of you have worked so hard this week so let's get off work early today." He said as he turned around to leave.
The truth was he was going to meet you & Yebin this afternoon, so he couldn't wait anymore & wanted to leave as soon as possible.
His employee's hesitant murmurs behind him stopped him in his track. He then turned back around & called his manager.
"Jang manager, take my company credit card & go treat the team to a nice meal." He took the black card out of his wallet & gave it to the manager.
All the jaws in the room dropped & they all stared at him in disbelief.
"What? Is it so strange that I want to buy you all dinner?" He let out a short chuckle looking at their funny expressions.
"No.. It's just that you've never done something like this before. Is this some kind of a test Sir?" Jang manager's hand hovered in the air. He was still contemplating whether to take the card or not.
"No. Just take it. Eat whatever you want, the bill's on me. Have fun, I'll see you on Monday." Smiling, Taehyung took Jang manager's hand & slapped the card onto his palm before exiting the meeting room.
Rapturous roar erupted in the room once he was out the door & he couldn't help but smile.
I guess I've been a monster to my employees. It feels good actually to be nice.

"Appa!" Yebin sprinted into his hug when he saw him coming from afar.
"Uri (our) Yebinie! Appa missed you sooo much!" He lifted her up & kissed her pink cheeks.
"You're early. I thought you didn't get off work until 5pm."
He turned his head to look at you & was a bit surprised with what he saw.
"Did you cut your hair?" You looked much fresher than before with your new bob haircut & he noticed that you even put on some makeup today.
"I did. Why? Is it ugly?" You self-consciously tugged your hair behind your ear.
"No. You look perfect." He stared right into your eyes & cheered inwardly when he saw you blushing at his compliment.
The three of you had dinner & were walking hand-in-hand through the shopping mall when he caught a glimpse of your shoes. Those beaten ballet flats that you'd been wearing for a long time.
If I offer to buy her a new pair, she'll definitely refuse.
Then, he got an idea.
"Yebin ah, come closer. Appa needs to tell you something." He whispered at Yebin's ear, making her giggle in delight.
"Eomma, can I go with appa for a while?" She said to you.
"Do you need to go to the restroom? I'll come with you."
"No no no. You just sit here & wait for us, ok? We'll be back soon." With that, she grabbed Taehyung's hand & ran towards the opposite direction.

Y/n POV
They'd been gone for almost half an hour now & you started to get worried.
Where are they going?
You thought as you stretched your neck looking for them.
"Eommaaa!" Yebin suddenly called you from behind & ran towards you with a big paper bag in her hands.
"What is this? Did you ask appa to buy you more toys? Taehyung ah, don't spoil her too much." A frown formed in between your brows.
"Aniiii (no), this is for you. Open it." She excitedly said.
"For me?" Confused, you looked back & forth between Taehyung & Yebin, but they only grinned back at you.
You took out the cardboard box from the paper bag & opened it. Inside was a pair of black Chanel flats, even you knew that it costed a fortune.
"Taehyung ah, I can't accept this. This is too expensive." You quickly closed the box but Taehyung stopped you by gripping your hand.
"I didn't know what you liked so I asked Yebin for her opinion & this was what she picked for you. Just think of this as my gratitude for bringing Yebin up into a smart & healthy girl." His eyes were so full of tenderness that you couldn't say no.
"O-ok. Thank you, but you really shouldn't have. I mean, she's my daughter too. It's my responsibility to take care of her." You lowered your head, trying to hide your reddening cheeks.
"Eomma, try it on! Palli (quick)!" Yebin tugged at your hand.
"Ok ok." You chuckled.
You were bending down to put the shoes on the floor when a sharp pain on your lower back made you flinch & straighten your body back up.
"What's wrong?" Taehyung immediately stooped down beside you.
"I- I hurt myself at work today. My coworker accidentally bumped into my back with a cart, but don't worry about it. It's not a big deal." You tried to laugh it out but Taehyung wouldn't budge.
"Let me take a look."
"Here? No!"
"Just a little peek. I need to know how bad it is. Please?" He pleaded & you finally nodded.
"Omg. How can you say that this is not a big deal? Half of your lower back is all bruised." He exclaimed as he saw the large purplish bruise on your back.
"Is it that bad? It wasn't so bad when I checked it earlier."
"Let's go to the pharmacy first before we head home. Give me those shoes." He opened his palms at you.
"W-what? It's ok, I can wear them mysel-" You barely finished your sentence when he snatched the shoes from you & knelt down before you to put them on your feet.
"Eomma, you look like Cinderella & appa is the Prince Charming." Yebin said.
"There. Are they comfortable?" He looked up at you once he was done.
You were completely mesmerized by him & you could no longer deny that you still loved this man who you had cluelessly married years ago.
"Y/n?" His question broke you out of your trance.
"Y-yes, they are. Thank you." You frantically stood up & covered your face with your hair.
Why am I blushing so much today?
"Alright then, let's go Yebin ah." He took Yebin's hand in his & then turned to look at you.
"Yebin's eomma?" He asked that while offering his other hand to you with eyes full of anticipation.
You stared at his hand, contemplating what to do.
Take a leap of faith Y/n.
Then you smiled at him & held his hand firmly in yours.

-•-

"Is she asleep?" You asked Taehyung as he came out of Yebin's room later that night.
"I hope she is. She persuaded me to read her 10 bedtime stories before finally drifting to sleep. That little girl sure is persistent."
"Yeah, just like her father." You quietly chuckled.
"What did you say?" He plopped down beside you.
You were still not used to being in such close proximity with him. Your heartbeat began to accelerate & the nerves all over your body were on high alert.
"Nothing. It's already very late, you should go home & rest." Trying to reduce the tension, you abruptly stood up but he pulled you back down again.
"Sit down. Let me help you put some ointment on your bruise first."
"It's ok, I can do it myself." You quickly rejected his offer.
Let him touch my bare back? No way! I'll die of heart attack if not of embarrassment.
"How would you reach your back? Besides, I've seen it all years ago. You don't need to be shy." He said bluntly which made your face instantly combust into a deep shade of red.
"Ya Kim Taehyung." You slapped his arm, earning a chuckle from him.
"Come on. Let me help you, I promise I'll leave after that."
"Well.. Ok then, but you need to go home afterwards." You agreed in the end.
You reluctantly turned your back towards him & pulled your shirt up slightly, revealing the bruise.
"I'm gonna kill that bastard who did this to you." He grunted under his breath as he massaged the hot cream onto your skin.
"He didn't do it on purpose. It was my own fault, I was in his way when he pushed that cart." You shrugged.
"Ya, can you please stop being so amicable all the time?" His fingers traveled to your waist, making you giggle.
"Stop it. It's ticklish." You twitched your waist away from his touch.
"What? I didn't do anything." He said innocently, but his fingers poked at your waist more vigorously now.
"Yaaa Kim Taehyung." You laughed out loud & twisted your body to get away from him.
However, his legs were entangled with yours & somehow you tripped right into his lap.
"S-sorry." You lifted your eyes only to be met by his deep dark eyes. You were so lost in his gaze that you couldn't look away, so you just stared at each other in silence.
"Y/n, are you testing me? Because I'm not sure I'll pass." His voice was so low & hoarse that it stirred something inside you that you thought had been dead.
"I-I'm not. Sorry, I'll get up-" You abruptly stood up but he pulled you back down onto his lap again & traced his forefinger on your cheek.
"Fuck it. I don't give a damn anymore." He heavily breathed out before he pulled your face with both hands & kissed your lips.
The second his lips touched yours, it felt like you were electrocuted from inside out. Your eyes widened in shock at first, but then you slowly closed them & let yourself get lost in his passionate kiss.
You snaked your arms around his shoulders to pull him closer, to feel his hard body against yours. You wanted him, you craved his warmth on your skin, you longed for him to fill you up until you overflowed with his love. He seemed to feel your desire for him so his movements got bolder.
Just when things were starting to get heated, a door creaked open.
"Eomma, appa? What are you doing?" Yawning, Yebin came out of her room with her teddy bear in one hand.
Both you & Taehyung instantly let go of each other & stood up.
"Y-Yebin ah, I- I thought you were already asleep." You stuttered.
"I was but then I heard noises, so I-" She stopped mid sentence as she looked back & forth between you & Taehyung, probably noticing your flushed cheeks & messy hair.
"Yebin ah, appa will accompany you to sleep again ok? Let's go back to your room." Taehyung moved forward to diffuse the awkward atmosphere.
"It's ok, I'll do it. Come on Yebin ah." You immediately rushed to Yebin without looking at Taehyung. You felt so embarrassed for being caught making out by your daughter.
"Ok.. Good night appa." Yebin waved at Taehyung while sleepily rubbing her eyes.
"Eomma, were you fighting with appa? Why are your cheeks so red? Are you angry?" She whispered, her voice full of worry.
"No no. We're fine. We're just.. I mean, it was hot in the living room so.. Anw, let's go to sleep Yebin ah." You avoided the topic by quickly tugging her in.
When you walked out of Yebin's room, Taehyung was already sleeping on the sofa. You sat down on the floor beside him & observed his features.
He really looks like Yebin when he's asleep.
You smiled & gently caressed his hair. Joy spread inside your heart, but a sense of doubt still existed in the back of your mind.
Am I allowed to be this happy? How long will it last this time?