Intro

Staring at the beautiful white dress hanging on the mannequin in front of you, the corner of your mouth lifted a little.
"Am I really getting married today?" You loudly exhaled, butterflies flying in your stomach, but there was an underlying unease in your gut.

A month ago
"Y/n, this is Taehyung, Kim ajussi's son. 인사해 (say your greetings)."
Your mom introduced the fine man sitting in front of you. His face was so beautiful that he looked like a sculpture from Greek mythology coming to life. His deep piercing eyes were staring right at you, but there was no warmth at all, only stoney coldness. Your heart was beating so fast & perspiration wetted your chubby palms.
"안녕하세요, 조는 Y/n임니다. 반갑습니다 (Hi, I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you)." You stood up & gave a 90-degree bow to the older man & his son.
"Ah Y/n ah, nice to see you again. The last time I saw you, you were still a cute toddler. Look at you now, you've grown up to be such a fine young lady. Hahaha!" The man belted out a deep belly laugh, he seemed like a very friendly & nice person, despite his immense wealth.
Your face turned beet red at his compliment, most people who knew you said that you were a kind-hearted person, but never once had anyone said that you were a "fine young lady".
"감사합니다 아저씨 (Thank you Sir)." You shyly thanked him as you lowered your head, trying to hide the redness on your round cheeks.
"Taehyung ah, this is the lady that I've been telling you about. She's the only daughter of my late best friend & partner. You'll marry her next month. Now greet your fiancé." Kim ajussi said with a huge smile on his face, which was mirrored by your mom's equally enthusiastic grin.
Taehyung's brow twitched slightly at his father's notion. He rose from his seat & bowed at you & your mom, "엄머니, Y/n씨, 잘 부탁드립니다 (Auntie, Y/n, I put myself in your kind hands)."
You & Taehyung kept quiet throughout the rest of the dinner, letting the elders discussed about the wedding plan. All you did was nod in agreement every time they asked for your opinion.
You were not surprised at all by this marriage arrangement, because your mom had been telling you since you hit the age of 18 that your late father had promised to betroth you to his best friend's only son. Obedient as you were, you did not show any objection to the arrangement. Not that you had any man pursuing you anyway, with your stocky torso, fat belly, chubby limbs & face as round as the full moon. Whenever you felt down about your appearance, your mom would always tell you that you had beautiful eyes & a cute face, but you knew she was just saying that to make you feel better. Nevertheless, whatever you lacked in the looks department was compensated by your lovable personality & good heart, so you were quite popular in your hometown.
"Alright, so the main points have been settled. I'll leave the rest in your good hands then. Please let me know if you need anything from me or my son." Kim ajussi said to your mom as he rose from his seat.
"I will. Thank you very much for keeping your promise with my late husband. I believe he can now truly rest in peace knowing that our daughter is in good hands."
"The pleasure is all mine. I'll see you both again soon, good night."
You looked on as Kim ajussi & Taehyung left in their expensive sedan.
"What do you think about Taehyung, Y/n ah?" Your mom asked you as soon as their car was out of sight.
" Well, he is a very handsome man, but he looks a bit cold, doesn't he?"
"Maybe he's just nervous. I'm sure he'll warm up to you once he gets to know you better. I can't believe that Kim Bongjin still honor his promise to your dad, now that he's become one of the richest men in Korea. Well, at least you no longer need to worry about material things now." Your mom stroked your head gently & smiled.
"Eomma, marriage isn't about money, you know? Promise me that we won't take advantage of their wealth." Frowning, you protested your mom's statement.
" 네 우릳딸 (yes, my daughter). Let's go home now, it's getting late." She hooked her arm in yours & both of you walked leisurely to the bus stop.
Without warning, Taehyung's handsome face flooded your mind.
"I hope I can be a good enough wife for him." You thought as you smiled to yourself.