My head shook firmly. "No. I will be the one to murder her if she comes whilst I am here. And maybe, one day, Kanes." I added, speaking more to myself than Hannes, remembering that he had been one of the many warriors who had dismembered my parents' bodies. 

"Kanes?" 

I cursed sharply at his sudden closeness, backing away further on the bed and blinking rapidly, hoping that somehow I would be able to see the Alpha's large form. 

"Kanes?" The Alpha repeated. I hesitated before answering, but my head lowered in a small nod of confirmation. 

"He is dead, Olivia," Hannes snarled. My eyebrows puckered as he went on, the room growing thick with his palpable anger, "He was taken here, to be questioned, but I killed him when one of the humans who had been imprisoned stated that him and others had whipped and beaten you and all of the other former prisoners." 

I said nothing at that, but angled my head to where I believed he sat. My eyebrows remained in their furrowed state as his words raced in my mind, disappointed yet satisfied. For several minutes, neither of us said anything and my body had yet to ease from it's tense state. 

"In a couple days time, if the snow storm has passed, we will visit some of the humans who were imprisoned with you." It was not a suggestion he made and I gave no response, still mulling over the fact that he had killed Kanes. 

Hannes stood soon enough and walked to the door, taking his frustration with him and the tightness of my chest only eased when he quietly left.

Days passed and I barely left the bedroom. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was delivered daily nonetheless, and I did not see Hannes throughout those three days. 

A repetitive cycle began to form. I would bathe in the morning, the bedroom held an adjoining bathroom that I showered in, change my bandages, do simple exercises throughout the day, and ate and slept when I needed to. 

I was restless when the storm finally passed. I did not care for the guards' words of warnings the morning after it had passed, but had instead sought out a coat and slipped it on after showering and dressing in some of the abundant amount of clothes in the closet. 

"The Alpha asks that you wait for him." The female guard hissed as I limped downstairs. I jerked my head in a nod, knowing that he would be the one to show me to the exit of this house; the guards had firmly refused to when I had asked.

I stood at the bottom of the stairwell, eyes flickering about me, lip curling in distaste as Lilith passed by. A hand covered her mouth, hiding her smile as she whisked by, her shoulders shaking with laughter. 

"Pathetic meek little thing." She sang lowly, entering the dining area and closing the doors behind her. My head tilted at her words but I did not retaliate. 

Maybe, in due time…

My fingers were resting in the deep pockets of the coat when the Alpha emerged from the living area. He looked me over briefly, a satisfied sort of expression on his features and  crossed the short distance between us. I recoiled at his nearness when he reached beside me, opening a small cabinet. 

"Choose one." He gestured to the winter boots on the shelves. I hesitated, only briefly, but turned to them, seeking out a pair which could fit. Hannes waited patiently as I slipped them on and I frowned at the soft look in his honey eyes when I finally met his gaze, took the white gloves he offered  from his hands and slipped them onto mine. 

I was shocked when, the male guard, pushed against what I had assumed to be a wall. It opened and it took me several seconds to realize it was a door, but had been specifically designed to blend in with the walls. It moved soundlessly and Hannes led me down the stretch of a hallway, my eyes bouncing from wall to wall as I limped after Hannes, our footsteps being the only noises for a short while, until we reached another door.