Part 15

Ivy unwrapped her vines from her friends.

"Right, sorry. I'm just so glad that you two are back to normal. I don't know what I would have done without you."

Although Evan didn't have a mouth, Ivy could somehow feel him smiling.

"I'm relieved too, but you still didn't answer my question. What happened?"

"Yeah, what did go down? I don't remember much."

Ivy tried to piece together what had happened but came up blank. She didn't understand it either.

"Uh..."

Ivy turned her head to Rose, who had walked closer to them.

"Do you know what happened?"

"Yes, I do believe I can explain."

Evan and Mary now turned their attention to Rose.

"The cake that was presented to you was cursed."

"CURSED?!!"

The sudden outburst from Mary caused Ivy and Evan to jump. The Lampent recovered quicker and was quick to question.

"What type of curse? By whom?"

"I think Rose will explain that," Ivy responded.

When the pokemon calmed down, Rose continued.

"The yamasks, and by extension King, have put a curse on the cakes. King is in control of the yamasks and knows their every move. He must have commanded the yamasks to curse the cake and then force you to eat them. I apologize for not noticing this sooner."

Rose let out a small sigh, one laced with annoyance.

"This has happened before. Customers were behaving with extreme oddities and I was called upon to investigate it. I found out that King had put a curse on the cakes so that if people and pokemon consumed enough of them, they would become addicted. I first considered shutting them down, but I noticed something upon further investigation."

"To the beings that ate the cake in modesty, a genuine sense of joy and mirth would come to them. I've seen them create loving memories from this place, so I could not have shut it all down. So I make a deal with King: If he and his crew would stop entrancing people and pokemon, I would let their establishment continue."