Part 14

Thank you, King."

Rose took the bell by the handle and rang it. The noise was loud and clear, each ring was a distinct sound.

All at once, the fog that enveloped Ivy's mind was lifted. She looked between King and Rose, both of whom were staring at her expectantly.

"Are you feeling alright, now?"

Ivy turned her to hear at Rose and nodded. She smiled in response.

"Wonderful, Now if you could excuse us, King, we need to be elsewhere. But I still want to talk to you when I am done."

King scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I do expect to have an explanation from you, but do what you need to."

Rose walked away from the door, with Ivy in tow. She was still confused as to what was going on, but Ivy walked along in silence. Soon enough, they were back in the hidden kitchen. The two audino, a vanillite and cottonee had their attention on Evan and Mary. Only a yamask noticed the new people in the room and floated towards Rose. Ivy instinctively flinched backward, but Rose put a reassuring hand on Ivy's head.

"This yamask is good, he is the one that lives in my apartment. Also, he was the one who informed me of your troubles."

Ivy looked into the yamask's eyes and found that they didn't hold the same malice as the others. She nodded her head.

"Thank you for helping us."

The yamask nodded in response but said nothing else.

Rose took the bell and rang it. Evan and Mary stopped their movement and stood still, listening to the clear ringing. They looked at each other and then to their surroundings. They made eye contact with Ivy. The second this happened, Ivy rushed over to her friends and gave them a hug with her vines.

Evan flinched, but then returned the hug.