Part 10

Purple balls of energy flew towards Ivy. She lunged forwards, out of the way. With a straight shot to her friends, Ivy rushed forwards.

"Guys, please!"

Ivy used both of her vines to grab her friends and turn them around. They both looked at Ivy with somewhat crazed expressions. Ivy didn't waste a second and did something she would never do under any other circumstances.

"Snap out of it!"

Ivy took her vines and slapped Mary and Evan with them. Their heads snapped to the side for a moment but then turned back to Ivy. Their crazed eyes remained the same, however.

"Oh no."

Evan spat out a flame and Mary released a jolt of electricity. Ivy tried to jump out of the way but got hit by a stray ember. She winced slightly. The yamasks took the opportunity to hurl shadow balls at the still Servine. Ivy noticed all the attacks coming towards her and tried to defend herself. She twirled her body around to create a leaf tornado as a barrier. Some of the orbs exploded on contact, creating a cloud of smoke. Ivy stopped spinning and stood in the middle of the cloud, trying to figure out what to do next. 

She figured she couldn't help her friends at the moment and didn't want to hurt them anymore. And that the longer she stood there, the more likely that the yamasks would force her to eat that strange cake and become like her crazy friends. She needed to escape!

Ivy looked for the exit through the smoke cloud, but it was too obscure for her to see anything. Just as the smoke had cleared, she found a sliver of light coming from the other room.