Mon Petite Monieau

[A/N : During ice skating practice, Canada and Russia make an agreement. Russia starts to grow suspicions that something might be up, also growing something in his heart that he couldn't put into words.]

{Additional A/N : I'm gonna start making holiday specials for this book cause why not, a bunch of other books do it. I wanna be a cool kid.}

----

"Bend your knees more Moineau! Your legs are sliding all over the place!"

"I am and have been chert poberi!"

"Oh my maple-" A nearly silent groan came from a certain canadians mouth. "Turn, turn now! You're gonna slam right into the wal- and you've already hit it."

.

So, as you, the reader, can probably already tell, today's practice was going a little more chaotic than the last time. Since within the first hour, Russia managed to comfortably travel across the ice with only a few falls here and there. Then Canada suggested the idea of turning while skating so that was he would be able to navigate the large ice covered stadium easier.

The first few turns were difficult, but doable. After all, all Ivan never to do was make a long turn around a curved bend. Not too hard and he only slid off balance around an estimated 15 times at the beginning. Now, the real challenge was the sharp turns. Ones that you made to quickly avoid contact with another person or a wall.

You see, Ivan was fine at turning, but he wasnt fine at judging the distance he had left to turn nor the suddenly atom perfect feet movements that were required. Canada had said that there was wiggle room for him to be a little off with his foot positioning and technique, but so far Russia was certain that he had spouted utter bullshit.

He groaned loudly as he flopped himself onto his torso, pressing his gloved hands on the ice to push himself back onto all fours, wincing as his injured hand once again felt pressure on the center of the burn. Using the wall next to him, he pulled himself up, seeing Matthew swiftly skate over to him with a sorrowful look on his face. Canada leaned on the wall, propping his chin up using his elbow and hand which rested comfortably on the jagged concrete wall.

"Do you want to take a break for a little bit?" He asked, tilting his head towards the benches that sat on the far side of the stadium.

Russia, being the stubborn bastard he is, shook his head at the suggestion. He swore softly as he stood back up with his legs wobbling, although only subtly. However, being the attentive hawk he is, Matthew spotted the small moveset in his legs and immediately came to the conclusion of his legs being tired of falling over and over again.

"You dont want to burn yourself out on ice skating by forcing yourself to do it for hours on end. It'll only be a 10 maybe 15 minutes break, just enough to reenergize your body, promise." Canada said, his tone just shy of reaching the point of pleading. Ivan looked over at him and noticing the worried look in his eyes, sighing as he nodded.

"Da, sure. I guess it would be fine to take a small break."

Matthew smiled as he quickly skated out of the rink, Russia following not too far behind now that he was decent at traveling on the ice. Well, as good as being able to make long curved turns with falling a few times in the process gets you. He dusted off his scarf as soon as his foot met concrete, specks of frost from shredded ice when Canada had done a quick example of quick turning falling from their gathered spots.

Matthew laughed a little bit as he saw the little pieces of ice fall from Ivan's scarf.

"Pfft, your scarf looks like it just walked through a snowstorm."