Chapter 44: Heartache

Harry's P.O.V.
I knew Kylie was hiding from me. As soon as I saw the familiar muscle tank scrunched on her floor everything clicked.

She was cheating on me.

As I walked over to the bathroom door i slammed it open to reveal Niall sitting on the edge of the tub topless.

I couldn't believe he, my best friend would help my ex cheat on me!

"Can we please talk Harry?!" Kylie gripped my wrist and I pushed her off.

"Screw you both! Oh wait you already did that!" I yelled as I slammed Niall's shirt into his chest causing him to lose balance.

"Keep walking, don't react Harry, keep walking." The voice inside my head repeated over and over.

But I fought it off, I turned around with one swift motion and pierced my fist through Niall's face.

"What the hell is wrong with you Harry?!" Kylie yelled as she walked over to Niall who was on the floor and covered in blood.

"You are what's wrong with me Kylie! Can't you open your damn eyes and realize that I am the one for you? I keep coming back and begging you for forgiveness when in reality, you should be the one begging me. The last time I saw you, you told me you never wanted to speak to me again. I needed you and you just left. Now I know why you left me, for him."

"Harry, please." Kylie cried with buckets of tears drowning her.

Kylie turned to Niall and whispered just loud enough for me to hear, "Can you please leave?" and with that he walked out clutching his hand to his injured jaw.

Kylie inched her way toward me and I backed up with every step.
"It's just sex Harry, nothing else." She slowly let out in a soft monotone.

"Just sex?! Are you kidding me! What happened to sex just being magical and being this amazing expression of how much you love someone?"

"Sex is just the easy part, it's giving your heart to someone that's scary." Kylie replied and looked down at her hands.

"You know? I thought after all this time, I knew you. But I guess it's just easier to see what we want than to look for the truth." I took a breath and shook my head running my fingers through my tousled curls.

"Harry I just can't help this person I've become. Out of all the hate, the fame, the hurt, I have become a monster and people are letting it happen to me. You know I'm so afraid of what's going to happen tomorrow, and the day after. It's a repeating cycle that I have no control over."

"It's not about what you say, it's about what you do. You don't like the person you've become? Then do something about it, because no ones going to do it for you." With that, I slowly walked out her front door slamming down everything I saw in sight.

It's only when you are tested that you truly discover who you are. And it's only when you're tested that you discover who you can be. The person that you want to be does exist, somewhere on the other side of hard work and faith, and belief beyond the heartache and fear of what life has in store.