Chapter 32: Fear

Kylie's P.O.V.

As a sat on the cement floor of this rundown shop, which looked like it'd been abandonded for over 20 solid years, I remembered that my phone had still been in my clutch.

"I'm gonna go outside for a smoke. Don't you dare move, if you try to pull a trick on me and escape, you'll regret it for the rest of your life...if you make it!" Ryan said as he threw his head back throwing out an evil, disgusting laugh with the cigarette nuzzled between his bottom and top lip.

This was my chance to tell Harry where I was. I turned back on my phone and recived over 30 calls from Niall and Harry, and 50 text messages, 30 from Harry and 20 from Niall.

I quickly replied to both their messages in a group chat:

"Guys I'm really scared and need you both to come get me, Ryans back."

Within seconds both the Irish and curly-headed boys replied.

Niall:" Where the hell are you?"

Harry: "Where are you? We're gonna start looking now. "

I had no time to reply because Ryan had returned into the basement. 

"You ready for some fun princess?" He muttered.

"Don't call me that you psycho."

He inched towards me, his features becoming clear to my eyes. He stopped underneath a dim light and just stared at him. His eyes pierced into mine, and felt painful to look at.

Chills spread down my back as my skin turned to ice with his touch.

Moments later he stood hovering over my curled up body. "C'mon Ky, don't be afraid.", he said as he caressed my face causing me to look away.

"Stop."

Completely ignoring my comment, he leaned into me, exploring every inch of my body with his tight grasps and soft touches making me feel an uncomfortable sensation that lingered throughout.

"What's wrong Kylie?" he commented, as he released his grasp of my hips.

"Y-you're hurting me." I studdered as I looked down to my waist to reveal soft bruises already appearing.

He slapped me across the face, which led me to whimper and grasp the wounded area.

Harry was always supposed to save me, he always has. But this time, I wasn't sure he would be my hero and Knight and shining armour. This was the moment I came to a realization.

When life comes rushing at me out of the darkness, who will I choose to face it with? Will it be someone I trust? Will they be wise? And will their love for me help them guide me to the light? Or will they lose their way in the darkness? Will they make noble choices? Or will that person be someone untested and new? Life will come rushing at me out of darkness. And when it does, I had someone to count on. And in that moment, it gave me the strength to face my fears alone. 

This fear was like a disease, if I did not fight it, it would eat me up.

As soon as I worked up the courage to do it, I took off my heel and swung it at Ryan's face, leaving a gash right below his defined cheek bones.

This was my chance to run, to get out. 

I immediately stood up and started running for my life when I heard two familiar voices.

It was Harry and Niall muttering to eachother outside in the alleyway.

I started to scream their names, as I ran to the stairway to exit the basement checking behind me every couple of seconds to see if Ryan was following me. His body laid still on the cement floor.

****

I couldn't remember anything, hell, I couldn't even open my eyes entirely without feeling exscrusiating pain. I had no idea where I was, everything was black.

"Harry?", "Niall?" I asked as I pulled myself up from the ground rubbing my head.

A grasp came shooting around my mouth, causing me to scream faintly.

I looked up behind me to see that Niall was tightly gripping my mouth, making a motion to be quiet with his free hand.

The blonde boy leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Kylie, you're safe now. I'm here."

"Where's Harry?!" I let out a soft whimper.

"I don't know, he told me to save you, and to come back for him. I'm just waiting for the right chance to bring you to the car, I don't want him to see us."

"Him? Who's him?"

Niall didn't answer me.

"Niall fucking answer me goddammit!" I demanded as tears streamed down my face.

"Ryan." He said in monotone.

He pulled me up off the ground and held my hand, both sprinting to Harry's car in sync.

We jumped inside the vehichle and Niall locked the doors.

I started crying, more than I ever had before.

"Okay, so here's the deal. Harry and I found you laying outside of the alley, passed out with brusies all over your body. That monster ran out of nowhere and grabbed you with a knife pressed against your neck. In order to let you go, he wanted Harry. I said I would have gone but I wasn't the one he wanted." Tears flowed out of Niall's bright blue eyes as he let out every single word.

I couldn't imagine being without Harry again. I needed to end this, Harry was coming back I told myself.

"Niall, I'm going in there for him." I insisted.

"Kylie, no. You can't. He said if either of us come back, Haz, will.."

"Finish your sentence!"

"Die."