By the time the taxi pulled up to the front gate, you wanted to leave. You wanted to apologize to the driver and tell him to turn back, take you back to the station where you could flee. But, you didn't. You just bit your lip and thanked him, climbing out with Jungkook following you to take your bags out of the trunk. You rightfully paid your driver and off he went, driving away from the manor and on the lookout for more business.

You stood at the tall metal gate of the property of your family name. Taking a small breath, you walked to the gate's left side and in the brick pillar was a covered keypad. Sliding the hard plastic cover up, you quickly punched in 6 familiar digits before the camera above you moved. The lens zoomed and adjusted before you slid the cover back down. The gates began heaving themselves open not a moment later.

Jungkook just watched and followed behind you as you walked right in- of course it was your house after all. He watched as your arms swung and your shoulder blades moved as your back had anguish written all over it. He looked around the front, it was oddly quiet. The daughter of the house was coming home- he expected it to be rowdier.

The manor- true to its name- was a sight to behold. A grand mass of brick and glass with enough artistic taste to impressed a renaissance artist.

The moment you walked up the steps to your front door and pushed the large, metal handle of one of the two double-doors open, Jungkook nearly jumped out of his skin.

He always thought that the idea of a group of servants or followers of a noble home greeting their noble family by lining the entrance hall and bowing was overly fashion and just a movie cliche. It was a surreal experience when he was met with exactly that. Men and women of your household lined up one by one as they lowered their heads and spoke in a unanimous welcome to you and him in a booming echo that bounced off the narrow walls.

"I'll be here a couple of days," you spoke totally nonchalantly as you heeled off your shoes, Jungkook doing the same. A man approached through the hall of staff, dressed to the 20s in butler garbs and looking to be rather up in age. He had to be at least 60 or so as he stood with a small smile on his wrinkled face. "I expect all of you to treat Jungkook, my familiar, with nothing but respect." You gestured to the dragon beside you. "Understood?"

Another unanimous cheer followed as the staff dispersed to go back to their day to day grinding. The butler who remained turned his back with a small nod signaling to follow him. You followed at his back, with Jungkook at yours, as he walked in small steps like the old man he is.

"Is my father around?" You asked the man, a small bite in your tone.

"Master Zaros is in and out these days."

"I see. I'd like to get a hold of my connections tonight if possible. Reach out to see if one is in town and call them here."

"Of course, Miss. Enjoy your time home." Then, the butler retreated back down the hall. You didn't waste time in the hall and walked through the doors you had stopped in front of. Entering a small library that your father had built when you were a child.

Jungkook stayed silent as you wondered about the library room. Pulling books from shelves, flipping pages, reading certain sections and lines, and replacing the book back where it belonged on its shelf. He watched you do this over and over again before he stopped you, mid-pull of a book from its place.

"I get that your restless being home," he started, pulling the book from your grasp, "but relax. You can't freak out- it could rile you up and start messing with your arm." He pulled your arm below the elbow, sitting you down on a small sofa. "Besides, I'm here. You can chill out when I'm with you," he finished. You sighed, shoulders slumping.