Chapter 1: Ecclaissia

"W-where am I? Why is it so dark in here?"

I slowly stand up staggering a little while searching for the door. As I continued to look around, I noticed that I was in a dimly lit room and there was no door, just a lot of book cases, a wooden desk with a lit lamp, and a painting of me wrapped around by my mother's arms hanging on the wall. Out of the corner of my eye I saw puffs of smoke seeping through a crack. I know that I have found my exit.

I slowly pushed and pulled a very heavy book case out of the way, so I could get out of the room. Puffs of smoke kept on smothering me as I tried to escape the dim room, as I finally shoved the book case far enough for me to squeeze through I realize that my home was burning.

"Smoke! Where is Mommy? Where is Daddy?"

The two questions that kept running through my head as I tried to find them. Then two questions turned into one determination.

"I have to find them."

I started to search in every room I could remember, then I reached my room. It was a mess, the place was trashed with broken chairs, tattered curtains, and broken glass. I walk into my room cautiously see if mommy or daddy was in here, but they were not. I suddenly fell onto the floor and as I looked at what I tripped over I gasped and clapped my hand over my mouth in terror to find Mrs. Levy pale and covered in a sticky red liquid. I scrambled to my feet and ran out of my room rushing to find mommy and daddy.

"Mommy! Daddy! Where are you!"

I ran down the extravagant halls that are slowly burning, creating little baby fires that quickly grow into beasts by consuming the violet and silver tapestries turning them into black tarnished shreds of cloth while melting my family history of regal pastels and acrylics that burn into small pieces to light a fire for only a few seconds that seem like minutes.

I sprinted as fast as I could to their room. I abruptly came to a stop. A tall broad man with a scar that starts at his face an continues to his chest. His eyes are demonic looking.

"I do not know what you are talking about, my daughter is not what you describe!" daddy shouts. A glint of light flashes as I see a sword pointing straight at daddy's throat. My eyes widen, and I dash into the room crying "No! Don't hurt daddy!"

Daddy gasps and the man's eyes open in a delight shock.

Daddy tries to rush to me and grab me, but only a splash of red was successful in approaching me.

I stood still. Paralyzed by shock and fear, tears flow down my cheeks, that what I see is true. The man took another step closer to me and grabs me by my neck and pulls me up,

"You were hard to find. It took me two years to find you behind the scent of pathetic mortals." He starts walking out of the room, "Let's get out of here before this miserable place collapses on top of me and you."

"LET GO OF MY DAUGHTER!" Mommy roars as she swings a chair to the back of the man's head. The man drops me, the impact hurt but I quickly run to mommy. She asks me if I am okay then pauses and coughs up red liquid on my already stained white dress and collapses on the ground whispering "I love you... I will always love you no matter who you will become." As she looks at me with love for her daughter in her eyes and smiles at me as she places her hand on my cheek. I watch her take her last breath with her hand slowly dropping to the ground no longer filled with the warmth that had once wrapped around me.

I stare at my mother's body wishing she would move again.

The roof starts collapsing around where I stay.

The man starts to move towards me to grab me but stops and stumbles back a few steps.

I look up to see kind eyes.

The world starts to gradually blur and fade black as I hear "Ecclassia you are meant for great things. I won't let anyone hurt you."

I wake up lying in ashes and watch the embers swirl around the cold air. I pick myself up to go to where mommy and daddy are.

I knew that they weren't going to come back, but I sat down next to them and cried until sleep took hold of me.

I wake up to find myself in someone's arms, it is cold, I do not know who's and I don't care.

I am alone now.