Chapter 22 - The Secret

Start from the beginning

" Don't look so shock Talib, Your mother didn't leave me to care for you if she thought I was not going to be mother enough for you. In any other case, I would have told your mother but this time its about Sharia. And she is too innocent to get caught in this mess and get hurt. I wouldn't want that ever. So do what is needed to be done because I know she is the best you deserve even though I do think she deserves more." She winked moving from my side.

I couldn't believe these women in my life can leave me speechless all the time. Usually, it was me who made the world speechless with my actions. But these women in my life had made their personal mission to leave me flabbergasted at all times.

I ate my breakfast silently while Shailene watched me eat the meal, once I was done she took the tray and left the room asking me to sleep. I wanted to rest a little before getting up and go over some stats of my business with my accountant. The facade of the successful business had to be kept to run the mafia smoothly. I lied down closing my eyes, the pain fading away with the effects of the medicine, and her face, her pretty pristine face clearly coming into my close vision Luling me off to sleep like a baby with no fear of the world matters.

******************

I woke up, looking around the cabinet for the table watch to see it was around 5.00 pm and the window had a perfect shot of the sun going down slowly, setting a perfect evening glow on the bed. The beach looked calmed, too calm. The waves were not clashing against the shores like everything. I sat up expecting the pain to fill my chest but I felt there was no pain. The medicines were good this time. her name popped in my head when I remembered she had kept some new medicines this time near my table. The urge to go and see her sweet face was overwhelming. I swung my legs down on the carpet, standing straight, walking slowly to search her around the house. I knew when I wasn't around she roamed like a free bird, talking to Shailene, humming songs, laughing walking on the beach. She had even managed to make friends with Adlab, that guy was a ghost from 100 years. I have never seen him talk unless it was me. I walked slowly to see her in the act red-handed, muttering some nonsense to someone in the house. She was nowhere to be seen around the hall or the foyer. I asked Shailene she said she has not seen Sharia from afternoon after lunch. I walked a little fast to climb up the floor to check in our room if she was there. A sinking feeling was forming in the pit of my stomach. What if she was hurt or not in the house. What if she left????!!!!!!

I hurried and smashed the door opened. Shariah squealed turning around putting her hands on her heart, but her face instantly brought the blood my heart needed. She was safe. I entered the room closing the door behind me. I didn't want to hurt her this time. for the first time, it felt her happiness was more appealing than her tears. She was standing in the same pose when i smacked the door back on the wall. I knew she had visited my room again after morning when i saw a new set of medicines near my cabinet. She cared and it was what she was as a person she would care no matter who it is.

She slowly kept her hand down finally knowing it was me who entered. She looked restless like she wanted to do something she was preparing for something. I laughed a little inside my head. The woman I was supposed to hate so much as someone I knew so much about. "Speak what you are thinking." It came out a little harsh then I expected it to and instantly cursed my rudeness towards her but she, on the other hand, looked like she expected nothing much from me but the same behavior.

"I....I,.,.,.wanted to..." She trailed off and I knew she had something big she was meaning to talk. She was no coward but her stuttering proved things were going to get messed now.

"I don't have all night to stand here for you. If you want then speak openly Ms. Ugly. I can't believe this Sharia but you are the ugliest girl I have ever seen in my whole life." She flinched a little but she hid well. I didn't want to hurt her but the mafia in me didn't want to bow down to this naive girl. She had no idea what a beauty she was.