Missed Shot

Request: Do like JJ falling in love with one of his underlings or whatever they're called but his underling he falls in love with has always liked him

So just a heads up that this story will contain death and blood so if this does trigger you then please don't read this!

Narrator's POV:

Guns shooting...people screaming...

This is what you call a turf war. It started with one of Zeta's underlings "accidentally" wandering onto JJ's turf and causing a disturbance with the opposing mafia members there. Ever since JJ found out, he waged war on the Carmichael family. It was complete madness with allies being shot, cries of underlings who lost their friends. All of this made everyone fearful, angry, and upset. 

However, JJ wasn't annoyed at the sounds of the guns or losing petty underlings... he was worried for (Y/N)...worried because he is falling in love with them. See he wasn't always fond of (Y/N) since they were loud, immature, and risky to have because of their petite stature.

When they first met (Y/N), they walked up to JJ, yanked his hand, and said, "It's nice to meet ya Mista Mafia boss." At those words, JJ twitched in annoyance. 

Did someone so annoying have to join the mafia? 

Well, this person did since they were a master hacker and could get into any government computer in one hour. They were annoying but did the job correctly so JJ was able to put up with (Y/N)..for now, that is.

What he didn't know was that (Y/N) instantly fell in love the moment they looked at JJ. From his sleek appearance to his dangerous features, (Y/N) knew that JJ was the guy for them. They wanted to make a great impression when they met JJ, but goofed and nervously called him "Mista Mafia boss." They knew immediately, that they messed up.

As time went on, (Y/N) tried everything they could to get JJ to like them. From buying him gifts to taking him out to dinner to complimenting his appearance, but nothing worked because (Y/N) messed up every time. They bought him stuff he hated, took him to his least favorite restaurants, and kept calling him "good on the eyes, but that's all you're good for." (Y/N) was determined to make JJ theirs even though JJ grew more and more annoyed with them as time progressed.

It wasn't until one day, the day of the turf war, that (Y/N) ran into JJ and noticed he dropped his wallet. Without even thinking, they picked up the wallet, ran towards JJ saying, "Excuse me..wait up!" JJ rolled his eyes, knowing exactly who it is, and turned around, but what he saw left him starstruck.

It was (Y/N)'s face. Instead of it being smirking and rude, was wide-eyed and shy. (Y/N) chuckled saying, "You gotta be careful sir, you may lose something important to you, ya know." At this (Y/N) looked up at him with a kind, wide-eyed and smiling face. JJ was confused since he has never seen them like this ever. JJ thought to himself, "Is this their real personality?" After (Y/N) returned the wallet, they waved goodbye saying, "Hope to see you soon!"

JJ needed to know if this was (Y/N)'s true personality because if it is, he may be falling in love with them. Before he was able to chase after them, he was stopped by 86 who had a frantic look on his face and was signing as quickly as he could. JJ asked him, "86, I've never seen you so worried, what's the matter?... Oh someone's on our turf... their from the Carmichael family... and they are causing trouble?!"

JJ sneered and expressed anger when finding this out. He called everyone from his crew to "talk to" the Carmichaels. Hence the situation he is in now.

JJ looked around frantically, finding the person he may be falling for. When he saw (Y/N), his eyes changed from worry to anger when he noticed them cowering in the corner with true fear written on their face. Since (Y/N) was a hacker, they never experienced war as brutal as this one and this scared them.

He then knew he needed to run over to them and get them out of here. He ran towards (Y/N) yelling, "Hey (Y/N)! Run!" (Y/N) looked over at him with fear, and got up. JJ smiled thinking that they were running to safety so he turned away. However, what he heard next shocked him.

First, JJ heard a gunshot then a gentle push at his side. He noticed (Y/N) pushing him out of the way from a bullet coming from Zeta's gun. The bullet dug itself into (Y/N)'s chest and they cried out in pain. Zeta looked at the person with shock on their face. (Y/N) collapsed to the ground holding their chest from the blood pouring out of the gunshot wound.

JJ's shocked face turned to one of rage. He yelled to everyone in the room, "Out! Everyone get the f*ck out!" Tears streamed down his face. Zeta's crew looked at the underling with guilt, since they knew the fate of the mafia member. Before JJ's crew left, JJ yelled out loud, "Someone call 911 and hurry!" In this fit of anger, he heard a quiet voice saying, "I-It's not g-g-gonna help, m-mister mafia b-b-boss." 

JJ looked down seeing (Y/N) tugging at his pant leg, with tears and blood covering their face. JJ knelt down to them, wiping the blood and tears off their body, then holding his hand on the wound. "(Y/N) just shut up, you are going to survive."

"N-n-no, I'm n-not JJ," (Y/N) quietly mumbled. Tears grew in his eyes and he screamed also knowing the fate of (Y/N). "L-listen, there i-i-is something I n-need to t-t-tell you, s-so you s-s-shut up and l-listen." JJ cupped one of his hands around their face, nodding for them to go on.

"E-ever since I m-met you, you h-h-have h-hated how I a-act around y-y-you. B-but the truth i-i-is..I j-just f-felt so n-nervous t-t-talking to y-y-you."

His face contorted, confusion written on his face. "What are you talking about? Why did you act differently?"

(Y/N) chuckled, then coughed out blood on JJ's shirt. They continued saying, "Y-you are s-s-such a k-kind man, on t-t-the inside and a b-b-beauty on t-the outside. A-a-nd what...I a-am..t-t-trying to...s-say i-i-is..."

He looked at them, itching to know how they felt towards him.

"I love you."

Then (Y/N)'s eyes closed and their body fell heavy in his arms. JJ first cried, then wept, then sobbed, his tears mixing with (Y/N)'s. He sobbed because he finally realized he loved them back and could never tell them that. He put his head down onto (Y/N)'s body screaming, "I loved you too, so why did you have to die?!"

JJ sat there crying onto (Y/N) until the police and ambulance came. Gil and Jayden had to rip JJ away from (Y/N) and told him meaningless words like, "It'll be all right boss." "Do you wanna go to the strip club?"

Nothing can compare to (Y/N) and he knew that. JJ walked back with his crew, crying softly, knowing that he lost the love of his life.

Hey guys, sorry if this story is a little shorter than the others, but I wanted to see how well I would do writing sad ending stories like this one. If you guys like this, then I could possibly write longer sad stories.

Thank you for reading this!