Chapter 4: Run. Don't Look Back, Just Run.

As soon as I saw it, I knew deep in my heart that this thing was a demon and I was probably about to die... For the second time today.

I was frozen in fear as it glared into my soul with it's pure black eyes. Now, if you are like me and don't really know much about demons, then you would have had no idea what happens when you stare into a demon's eyes. Well you see, depending on the type of demon, they can do many different things. Most of them permanently injure you mind and imprint horror onto you soul for eternity and I was about to experience that. I just sat there in shock, staring as the demon proceeded to roll his eyes back into his skull as my mind was drawn into a different dimensional state. My worst fears flashed through my head, each one filling the visual plane around me. I tried to blink my eyes and wake up but I couldn't move. Then my vision blurred and turned red and suddenly I felt rage ignite like a fire in my heart and mind. It actually felt like I was on fire.

Instantly, I knew what demon this was. It was Wrath himself. One of the legendary Seven Deadly Sins. I tried to remember his weakness, but I couldn't handle the pain. Suddenly, everything stopped and I was frozen. Now I could see everything around me, even though my eyes were closed. It didn't make any sense. I still couldn't move out of this paralytic state, but at least I could hear and see. Meanwhile, the demon lifted me up off the couch, but realized his fiery charcoal skin wasn't burning my body and he dropped me into the lava extremely surprised. He narrowed his eyes and his giant eyebrow raised in disbelief as I lay floating atop the lava and not being burnt at all. Snapping his fingers, the room turned back to normal and my "aunt"burst through the door. Almost immediately,  her body contorted and shifted into her true form. She was a demon, a really tall beautiful demon. Just looking at her, I could tell she was the demon Lust.

A snap of her whip brought the other demon's gaze off of me and he shifted into a giant hell hound with lava slowly seeping out of where his eyes should be and onto the floor burning holes in what was left of the carpet. They started speaking to each other, but I didn't understand a bit of what they said. It just sounded like gibberish to me. After a few minutes their gazes shifted toward me, they said "He won't figure it out" then vanished. Quick as lightning I could move again and my multidimensional vision left. I got up, then threw myself on the bed and sighed. Why was all this happening to me? I needed answers and I intended to find them...After I slept for the rest of the day. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted into a dream. To my dismay, it was the same one I've had for a while. I shook my head and decided this time I wasn't going to run, no matter how creepy that thing was. I wasn't about to give up this chance to find an answer.

I was on the pedestal in the middle of the ocean again. I was surrounded by the same mist and fog. I could barely see the pedestal I was standing on, like usual. Then out of the fog came the black cloaked figure with a giant scythe in it's left hand and a scroll in it's right. It was looked at me as if waiting for me to run. I stood there and extended my hand in his direction silently asking for the scroll. It nodded in surprise as It slowly handed me the scroll and bowed backing away into the mist. When I couldn't see it anymore, I looked down at the scroll it had placed in my palm. It looked like a normal scroll except that the seal was golden and glowing with a set of wings as the design. It was warm in my palm and seemed to pulse with life. I touched the seal trying to open it. Instead I was blinded by a flash of light. I shook off the shock and I opened my eyes to see the scroll floating in front of my face with light shimmering around it. I decided to read it.

Dear Son,

I am truly sorry for what you are about to read. I know that you probably have no idea who I am so I guess I will have to tell you in order for you to understand. My name is Kaleb and I am...well was the Commander of the Angel Guard. That isn't all, young Vincent. I am your true father. This must be a lot to take in so let me explain. I was only 18 when I fell deeply in love with your human mother,  Aria.I knew it was forbidden for angels to mate with any creature at all, but I loved her to much so I went to earth one day to stay with your mother. We got married and 9 months later had you. The Angel Guard, knowing what I had done, cast me out and stripped me of my rank.