Chapter 2. A Murderer In The Family

As I walked into the room, I saw my dad covered in blood, but it wasn't his. He was standing over my sister Brittney with a knife in his hand. I saw that she had dodged most of the attacks from the countless gouges in the wall, but then my eyes caught the sight of half of another knife wedged into her side. It took a minute to take it all in and thoughts raced through my head. I had to do something. I needed to call the police! I felt something else though, it was Rage, a strong emotion that made me throw my backpack onto the ground and grab one of the bloody knives stuck in the wall. My dad heard me and turned around with an insane look in his eyes. I could feel him staring into my soul. Abandoning all rationality, I charged at my father at full speed. He didn't wait for me to come at him, instead he walked forward and tried to shank me in the chest, but I ducked in time. I came back around and tried to stab him in the back, but he backhanded me in the face and I felt my nose break. I fell onto the ground and I reached for my phone that was in my pant's back pocket. I pulled it out, but my dad was now standing over me and he put his knife through my phone and into my hand. The pain from both injuries was too much and my vision blurred and I blacked out. The last thing I saw before blacking out was my dad raising his knife above my heart with the look of insanity plastered on his face.

When I finally came to consciousness, I looked around and I was in a hospital bed. My hand was wrapped in a cloth and hung up in a sling and when I reached my hand up to my face I had a weird cast thing around my nose and a patch of cloth on one of my cheeks. I didn't remember being hurt there, but I didn't really care. I suddenly remembered what had happened and yelled for a nurse. I needed to know if my sister was OK and if my dad was in jail. I hoped he would be far away, somewhere where he could never hurt my sister again. Maybe someone here could tell me what happened.

It took a full minute of me yelling before a doctor came in and begged me to stop because it was only 2 AM and the rest of the patients were trying to sleep. He looked like he was in his 30's and he seemed to be exhausted. He had dark circles under his eyes and his eyes were a dark grey with flecks of gold, definitely not natural. His hair was black with light lavender purple tips pulled back into a man-bun ponytail thing. He sat down and asked if I was ready to talk about what happened, then picked up a cup of coffee that was totally not there before.

"So, I'm sure you have quite a few questions you need answers to and I'll gladly answer them if you don't freak out please." He told me while sipping his coffee.

I was surprised about his kindness. None of my parents had ever sat down and wanted to talk to me.

"I-I thanks..." I stuttered. "I need to know. Where is my sister and is she OK?".

"She's in the room next to yours here. She'll be fine, but she's lucky we got to her in time. Her injuries would have been fatal to most, but that sister of yours is strong." He said with a subtle smile but a heart full of false hope.

"And what about my father?' I asked as the memory of him about to stab my heart flashed through my head. "He should be on trial than executed for what he did. What I don't know is why he did it..."

"Don't worry kid, your dad is locked up in Bane Asylum and he won't be let out. The officials interrogated him and he was raving about how he was in charge and that your sister stood up to him when he was beating her for not putting the dishes in alphabetical order (Like WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN) and he got angry and decided he didn't want her as a slave, so he tried to kill her. He still needed you as a servant though. He didn't know you would get in the way. He also said he couldn't let you live and tell the police about his crime, so he had to kill you too. Obviously his psychotic plan backfired." The doctor replied.