Art of Haiku

My beloved, not a day goes by where I do not think of you. I see your likeness within our wonderful child's warm smile that never seems to fall, their thoughtful actions when helping around the castle and outside of it, how they pout whenever I pick fun at them, even down to the way she twirls her pen when in deep thought, a habit you use to possess. 

Takala. My love. You would be so proud of all that we have accomplished. I've managed to tie up a few loose ends, but there are still others. This is my punishment for being..what was it you once said? Ah yes, "A dumbass, but a smart dumbass." Past adversaries truly make achieving my goal difficult. Métis, on the other hand, has been steadily advancing in her training. You would be furious with knowing that our daughter is partaking in unsavory aspects of my family's activities, but I assure you she insisted upon it. On a later day, I will explain why. 

In other and brighter news, the latest update concerning our child is that she recently learned about Haikus and has started writing some of her own. If she will allow, I shall include them here and maybe some of my own. It has been a while.

_____

Petal- by Métis

Lingering aurora
A white, content petal flies
carried by the lake 

Pond- by Métis

Glorious mountain
For a frozen, kind pond calls
into the chilled mist

Spider- by Métis

intelligently leaping
An unfortunate prey stuck
betrayed by the web

Waves- by Métis

Sandy cold coastline
why a ready, wild pen flies
thoughts 

_____

I Miss You- by Saitou, Kagamura 

You live in my heart.Thoughts of you consume my mind.I miss all you are

Daughter- by Saitou, Kagamura

Young as she is, the stuff
Of her life is a great cargo, and some of it heavy:
I wish her a lucky passage.