First Encounter

Kagemura chuckles fondly to himself. Upon turning the corner he is greeted with the sight of his young daughter surrounded by a mess of umbrellas, lanterns, and sandals. She seemed to be curiously patting and shaking each object suspiciously as if expecting them to react. "My little one what a mess you've made. Tell me, precious Hime, what is it that you seek?"

He kneels to her level among the objects. She coos at him, trying to tell him of her findings and how upset she was becoming when the objects stayed in place. He nods along with each garbled attempt at actual words. He did not need clear clarification as to what his daughter was doing, he already knew. "Dearest, are you perhaps wondering where you're friends have gone?"

A new course of babbling was his response. Ah yes, how many times has this acquired? Five, eleven, twenty known cases of his offspring found interacting with common yokai that roam their land and home? Today was no different. "They are resting. Same as you should be, my snapdragon. Come. It is time for a nap."

Though he is met with resistance at first, his daughter desperately wanting to be put down back into the clutter pile, soothing touches and featherlight kisses put her at ease. "Rest now, young one. You shall see them again, Otōsan promises. As the last rays of light fall and the shimmering moon rises, only then, will all your playmates arise from their slumber. Eager to play once more".

Turning away from the mess, a servant would be called upon to clean it, he heads back to his chambers with a slumbering child in hand.