Chapter 8

Her face was ghastly pale and the coffee she had been holding, now slithered and splashed on the cold pavement. Her fists were clenched by her sides and it was all she could do not to let out a blood curling scream at the sight that was in front of her.

The stalker, all dressed in black, stood a few distance away from her car, he had on him a small, silver knife that was gripped tightly in his left hand, and it glinted sharply in the early morning rays of the sun.

His legs were at least a metre apart and his arms were widespread as if beckoning on her. He stared at her and never for once, broke his stance.

Her heart began to beat erratically, she could hear the loud thumping and the exertive effect of her reflexes. Her eyes darted to where her brown, chevy was parked, the rays of the sun causing it's thick coated paint to shine richly.

What to do now, she thought.

She had to get to her car and hightail it or go back to the cafe and call for help.
But who was going to pay her heed?

Besides, it was another stone's throw away; that was if the stalker didn't slice her throat before then and feed it to the bird choppers. At the same time, she knew if she went back to that cafeteria, there was a hundred percent chance of not getting any help. With the way the people there were unconcerned and gave her weird looks, she was sure this was going to be the end for her.

But. Lisie. She had to get to her daughter first. She would pick her up from school albeit early and then, pack all their belongings and take off. That was the thought swirling in her mind when she placed her right leg, directly in front of her left.

At the time, there was no one in sight and the street, reflected the sour look of the town. Her hands started to get a bit clammy and she could feel a steady pounding to her head. She felt her breath constrict and, it was all she could do not to gasp for air.

The stalker vanished out of sight and she let out a heavy exhale and made the short dash to her car. Once she had gotten in, she took a minute to calm her racing heart. The soft, rich leather of the car seat and the scent of cotton spray, seemed to assail her for a fleeting moment and engulf her senses.

By now, she was perspiring furiously as she put on her seatbelt and inserted the car keys into the ignition. She was about to begin the drive when all of a sudden, someone's blood was splattered on her window. She screamed and frantically tried to get the seatbelt off her.

It was stuck. So. This. Was. It.

This was how she was going to die.

She let out a scream and continued trying to unbuckle it; intermittently looking at the road for any sign of life. Seeing that she remained immobile, she started pounding on the window and calling for help.

She kept on flicking it's button that was in a compartment by her side, but it refused to give way. She began to cry hysterically, she couldn't imagine that such a paranormal experience would be happening to her. One that was only seen in books.

Tears cascaded down her eyes in rivulets and she bent her head on the car wheel, hitting it over and over again. Her head was pounding and her ears were ringing, she just discovered that there was no way out and all she could do was hope.

Hope that someone would come looking for her. She jerked her head up as she felt knuckles rapping against the windows. Looking round the car, all she could see was the red sticky liquid that was plastered all over.

She was supposed to be used to it by now, after all she was a nurse. But not when it was applicable to her, and her survival. Her eyes darted here and there as she kept on screaming and crying for help.

Her voice was strained and coarse after minutes of pleading and she decided to give up. No one was going to come after her and offer their comfort. She didn't even have a cellphone that she would use to contact the town's security officer.

She. Was. Alone. And the realization of that, drove a nail into her thick skull.
Out of the corner of her tear ridden, red rimmed eyes, she could see the burly old man from earlier crossing the street and skidding to a stop as he saw her through the windshield. He halted his steps and when she thought the old man was going to help her, he zipped down his knickers and brought out his pee pee right in front of her; splashing his wee all over the place.

For a minute, she just watched, perplexed. Her jaw slackened and disbelief clouded her unbelieving eyes.

What the hell was wrong with the people in this town?

She began using her hand to signal for help, shouting and calling out to him.

"Hey, over here," she said, her voice croaked and high pitched.

He finished peeing and zipped his shorts, gave her a 'fuck you' sign and continued on his way.

Was he being serious right now?

No, this was fucking hopeless.

She felt like she was suffocating in the stuffy car and she tried rolling down the windows again. This time, it worked and she sighed in relief. The cold air blasted through and enveloped her.

Some of the red sticky liquid that had been on the window, was encrusted on the mirror edge, where it left a dent. She turned the car keys in the ignition and felt a wave of relief wash through her as the engine sputtered and came to life.

She inhaled and exhaled heavily.

She was okay.

She switched the gears and began her long journey to the only car wash in the town. She was going to give her baby a thorough wash, and leave it sparkling anew.

As she breezed through the traffic, her brown hair was billowed in all directions by the cold, early morning air. She felt chilled and rolled the windows back up.

On getting to the car wash, she spotted a block lettering on the stark white walls of the small, shambled building. It's colours were bright red and stood out, even from a distance.

It read simply, "STAY AWAY."

Yeah, that was pretty intense if you ask me

Yeah, that was pretty intense if you ask me. This chapter is also unedited, so please feel free to point out any grammar or punctuation errors or to give your constructive feedback in the comments section. I would really appreciate it too, if you would kindly vote and comment.

See you guys in my next update!!!