ch. two

"I'm not a sinner he wasn't the oneHad no idea what we would becomeThere's no regrets I just thought it was fun"

Had no idea what we would become
There's no regrets I just thought it was fun"

2.

HEAVEN

MATURE CONTENT
18+ :-)

"Oh, Harry." I whine, a deep frown set on my face. I whimper and I groan, it feels so good but so bad. My legs shake and I can't control the involuntary whines escaping my lips.

"You're doing so good, I promise Lillian. So, so good." He's breathless but manages to encourage me anyway. Our panting fills the hall as we run as fast as we can. Fuck, these heels are killing me. Our pants turn into laughs when we finally see the exit of the venue.

Our hands are intertwined and when we finally feel the fresh air on our faces it feels like it's the first time I can breathe since Caleb found us. "You're so cute when you laugh." He speaks kindly and I instantly feel my cheeks flush. This, whatever it is that it is, will be built on honesty I suppose.

"You are too." I mean it, with possibly everything I have. I really do find it absolutely adorable when he laughs, the sound alone makes me feel warm and gooey inside.

"He's a dumbass, Lillian, you know. You're great. I don't even really know you and I know you are worth so much more than he was treating you as." His hand lets go of mine and I almost feel empty all over again, missing the spark that was once there. It's not long before he takes me in his arms and hugs me tight. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It took everything in me not to kill him, I swear. For a man to have the audacity to lay a hand on a woman, especially one as you.. I saw red, Lillian. It scares me how absolutely angry I felt." I feel how tense his body is, I feel for him. It's tiwsted, really. I'm the one that just got bitch-slapped and I'm here feeling for him.

"It's okay, Harry. I'm okay!" I try my best to convince him. I have to somehow convince myself, too. It doesn't hurt too bad but it hasn't had time to settle. I haven't felt much of anything since I moved here, honestly. Mostly just.. numb.

"It's so fucked, how he thinks he's some god or something. You're a woman and deserve to be treated as such, gently and lovingly. No man would hit a woman, God, Lillian, please open your eyes." He interrupts my thoughts and his words make me think. My eyes are open, Harry. They see you standing there raging, protecting me. My heart throbs because for once since the first time we met, I feel genuinely sought after. Like I was pretty and valuable enough to really be wanted and taken care of in a way no man has before. You make me feel seen, heard.

I find myself grabbing the sides of his face ever so gently, looking right into his eyes when I say, "Harry! I know. My eyes are so, so open. It's never been clearer than it is now." I wish I knew what I was feeling and whether or not it was okay. I wish I knew why I was saying these things but every word felt true. "I deserve someone better than him. Someone who sees me." The beautiful daylight has shifted into dark gray clouds, the complete opposite of the shifted mood of my day. What was once dark and hopeless is now vivid and worth being alive for. The rain starts to pour and he is so completely breathtaking. The way his hair sticks to his forehead from the moisture, the water droplets scattered on his skin glistening in the dim lights. I feel myself physically get closer to him and my heart swells. I want to know you, I want to be happy with you.