19: Years end

When she wakes up its in the infirmary for the thrird time that month alone. She wonders how nobody has told her parents about this yet.

She wakes up to see Lila laying on her legs her hands were wrapped in gauze and Teagan feels a bit guilty about it. Thaddeus is in a chair, legs apart and he's head dangeling back, his laced finger rise and fall with his stomach as he breaths in his sleep, he's drooling a bit.

Teagan bites back the uncomfortable gnawing at her heart. She knows, this too, is her fault- perhaps it would have gone differently if she had told them after all.

Lila yawns when Teagan tries to move her numb legs from under the the girls heavy head.

"Hey, you're alive. Good to know." Lila says, sleepily rubbing her eyes.

Thad starts stirring too.

Teagan sighs, she supposes now's as good a time as any to talk about this.

"So, do I bite your head off before or after you eat something?" Lila says flatly as she pulls out a silver tray with nothing on it.

Teagan sighs again, her palm inches, she realizes its wrapped in a few layers of gauze. "After please."

Lila accepts this, but it doesn't stop her from glaring at Teagan as she eats. Thad is snoring again.

The room is quiet as Teagan chews her soft toast and eggs unnecessarily.

She's trying to lengthen the time she needs to eat if only to figure out what she should say.

"Well?" Lila finally says as Teagan swallows the last bit of food slowly.

"I-I have nothing to defend myself with. I was wrong and I'm sorry." Teagan's eyes prick shockingly with hot tears.

She's cried over worse things than this. Why is it taking her friends and guilt to bring tears into her eyes.

"I forgive you."

Teagan looks up at her friends' serious face. With undeserving hope.

"On the condition that you never keep a single secret from me ever again, matter how insane it is or how stupid or how small or how dangerous and - you could have Died Teagan!" Lila explodes suddenly, throwing her hands up in exasperation.

" You know that you could have died!" Lila's voice rose as she spoke and cracks as she starts to cry. "You could have died, at the hands of that thing," she shudders, "and we would have never known. Until it's too late. You could have died and you didn't think to ask for help. We're friend and remember what I told you the first time we meat?" Lila hiccups now, Teagan's eyes blur her face with tears.

" I said I had a good feeling about us-" she's sobbing, nose running and eyes red." I was being serious. I knew we would be best friends and for the worst matters too but you - you didn't believe me, you denied our bond and you thought the unthinkable, that I'm not good enough to trust! You- you - you utter idiot!" She finishes loudly, her breathe coming out hard and fast as she cries freely now, glaring at Teagan with so much heat, Teagan's surprised the tears aren't evaporating.

But she has nothing to say.

She opens her arms instead, still crying and Lila clutches her in a death hug so tight Teagan thinks she's being suffocated all over again.

A slow clap greets this display of gross female affection.

"Well said Lila. Basically everything I was going to say except for the mushy parts and the tears. But you got the idiot part right." Thad's eyes are suspiciously shiny as he stands out of his chair and smooths his ruffled shirt.

Undying Legacies: Amulet of Bloodजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें