Reastless nightmares

She's running. Hard and fast. She's been doing it for hours, her feet bleed and scrape against the jutting rocks that stab at her heels and arches. She cries out each time a new gash cuts her foot. Her white nightdress tears on each bramble that snags it. Her hair pulls and yanks out strands each time some unknown hand grabs at it.

Still. She's keeps running.

Until she feel a familiar throb and she starts to run towards that throb, like a moth to a flame. And she follows the pull, the almost irresistible pull- she shouldn't, she knows she shouldn't but she can't remember why. She just knows she shouldn't go to it.

But her feet go. Every single time, they go.

And then she steps off the jagged cliff and she falls into a dark red haze that swallows her whole.

Teagan wakes up screaming and sweating and scaring Lila- every time.

For months now. Two months of agonizing going nightmare that eats at her mentally and emotionally. She's exhausted. She's not worthy of being anything in the state she's in, let alone a Monicroff Mage.

Lila always asks if she's alright. She always lies and says she is. She says the same thing in her letters.

I'm fine father, how are you and mum, I passed my exams and now we're getting ready for the last half of the semester.

Hope to see you soon, love Teagan.

She says these words over and over and over she might as well copy the letter a hundred times with a spell instead of rewriting it every time she needs to send one.

The amulet is gone.

Headmistress had taken it and ever since then the voice has grown weaker. But the nightmares- that's what replaced the voice. And they are so much worse.

She can't get out of them until she falls to death or kills someone.

Often times its people she loves. Dying, bleeding at her feet. And she feels the vile enjoyment the nightmare portrays for her.

She's not sure is she prefers the falling into an abyss of death or killing someone. She doesn't know anymore.

Lila knows she's lying whenever she refuses to give her a more than an 'I'm fine'. Thad does too.

He knows something else, but he doesn't say anything.

Teagan thinks he's suspicious of her. He wants to hurt her . . . the look in his eyes says he wants to hurt her. So she should hurt him before he does and-

Teagan shakes her fluffy red head and lets out a horribly deep breath. She clenches her teeth and fists and tries to focus on Ms. Shanks charm of the week.

She's teaching them how to charm inanimate objects into disappearing and appearing so only you would see it. It's a bit difficult for most students. But Teagan finds, with strangeness, that she can do it without even listening to Ms. Shanks.

Even Scarrow has to try more than once.

This makes her feel uneasy. How did she do that? She's never down this spell before? Has she? No -no impossible.

"You did very well Tea." Thad complements when they head for luncheon afterwards. "Have you done a concealing charm like that before?"

Teagan doesn't answer. She's trying to remember if she has or not.

"Whatever, you should have seen Scarrow's face when you outshone him. Ms. Shanks was very impressed." Lila says, bouncing, her long dark tales shine under the light.