15:Boiling point

Teagan's restless has become more and more apparent in her physical features. Her nerves were always on end, as if she has strange electricity zipping through her. She fidgets in class and she's always tapping something with her pencil or foot.

Which is what she's doing now. Her foot taps her the floor restlessly under her desk as Core circles the room observing students' progress on their potion brewing. It was one of the most basic things to brew. A tea like portion for joint aches. Nothing dangerous or such.

And she was having a hard time keeping her hands steady as she attempts to drop a few drops of fire root essence into her clear base liquid.

"Five drops and not a single drop more." Core had said earlier.

Someone asks why.

He looks at them darkly and repeats his instructions.

Five drops and not a single drop more.

Teagan drops two. She feels the room's too hot. All the small flames under everyone's potion bottles were heating it up. She desperately wants to peel off her robe. February was ending and even though the air was still a tad chilly, March was defrosting life again. She was feeling the oppressiveness of everything.

She's been alone for some time. Lila and Thad don't speak to her anymore, which is fine by her really. People whisper about her behind her back more. This is normal. Teachers cast her side glances more often, which is unnerving, and Core seems to be keeping an extra close eye on her.

Which infuriates her.

Three drops. Four. She feels her breath shake in her lungs as she holds it in to drop one more drop.

She does.

The entire thing explodes in a rush of fire all over her desk and catches onto a student's robe, the boy screams bloody murder and students panic as they rush to the back of the room. Core lets out a sharp incantation and suffocates the vicious flames in an instant.

Though poor Henry Wiggins arm is sizzling and he's crying silently from the pain .

Teagan can't breath as all eyes turn to her, some with fear, others in revulsion. She -she had counted five! Why had it-

"Out." Core snaps suddenly, startling her.

"What - but I-"

"I said out, Monicroff, and don't ever set foot in this class again!" He seethes, it feels as if he's just slapped her across her face. She colors and feels numb as she stumbles out of the door.

Somebody snickers at her departing back and she suddenly feels the hate claw at her throat. How she would love to turn around and rip all of their throats out.

She slams the door behind her.

--------

She avoids everyone like the plague. Even teachers. Especially teachers. She's doing an admirable job until Headmistress catches her. One cannot avoid the headmistress no matter how much one wants to.

"Sit down dear." Headmistress says once they're locked away in her chaotic office.

Teagan does, her skirt is rumpled around her legs, her knee jerks quickly in a nonsensical pattern as she scratches at her palm, over and over and over again, her eyes dart around the yellow tinted room. She glares at the large owl that glares back with more attitude than a bird that fat should have.

"Teagan?"

She startles, her head snapping back towards Headmistress who's looking at her as if she expecting an answer.