18:Ancient Alcoves

Start from the beginning

Might as well die as one.

With her wand in her hand, she pulls of the claw held mirror and slides it into her satchel before she tip toes out of her room, the dark spell she needs flickers through her mind as she practices the words in her head. The spell made her skin scrawl and she wasn't even certain that it would work if cast by her but - but she wants to end this.

She wants to correct her mistake and prove to herself, if no one else, that she was a worthy Monicroff.

She takes a deep breath and pushes down the halls towards the tapestry before Professor Core's classroom, the one she'd snuck behind to hide from Ink and Gripes that night when she first touched the amulet.

That seemed like years ago.

Who would have thought the entrance to the hiding place had been hers back then.

She pulls the heavy woven brocade aside and presses her hand into the stone with a red circle and slash cut into it. The stone goes down and surprises her how easily she can slide through the magical dark opening.

The dark hole closes behind her as she walks through it. Teagan lifts her wand, her hand shaking as she musters a soft lighting spell.

The small light cast huge sinister shadows on the musty stone walls. Inside was a cave like tunnel and Teagan hears water dripping somewhere.

She wonder if perhaps she should have told someone about this. She swallows thickly and walks with small steps descending into the dark.

It feels as if she walking for hours when, suddenly, Teagan feels an awful familiar pull.

She lets out a shaking breath through her nose, her heart beat the only sound in her ears as she clutches her satchel close, the mirror is heavy and cold when she presses her palm against its glass surface.

Teagan attempts to hold her breath and count ten. The roaring gets louder and louder and Teagan suddenly feels as if something has grabbed her heart in a fist and squeezes.

She feels the sharp sting and cries dropping to her knees and clutching her chest as if a knife has been twisted into it.

Teagan gasps against the pulsing, something slimy smirks in her head.

No! No! No! No! She cries out or silently, she can't tell. Something is dragging her, she falls on her stomach and claws at the slippery stone beneath her fingers, scrapping skin off making them bleed, the grip becomes stronger.

I knew you come to find me little mage

Teagan screams. She thrashes with her entire body. The voice was back, louder, fuller alive- outside of her head. And she doesn't know if that's better or worse.

She's petrified as her eyes land on the full glow of the amulet. The stone taunting her, above it stands a shadow almost opaque but she could still see the stones on the other side through it.

Teagan's lost her voice, a hand is at her throat forcing her to stand, as she tries to claw at the invisible force.

"Now recite the spell you so obediently brought for me." The shadow hisses gleefully the sound making Teagan's stomach twist in revulsion.

She kicks at air as she's suddenly lifted off her feet by the invisible hand.

"Say it."

She sputters and chokes blood.

The force pushes harder. Teagan feels her limbs glue to the caverns wall.

She keeps her words locked inside.