Chapter 01

"William is your father and the information is you."

-----

Mycroft Holmes never thought he'd be in this situation. The plan was to raise Lux and when he got through that, Sherlock would never find out. Right? Mycroft relied too much on Sherlock's ignorance that he never thought of John's curiosity.

Lux was shocked, to say the least, though Lux could never hold it against her uncle. She knew he was only trying to save her the pain of rejection from her own father. Mycroft explained everything to her, leaving no details out. He would be lying if he said it didn't feel good for everything to be out there and for her to know the truth.

It took a few moments for Lux to process everything being told to her. She decided as she stood in front of her uncle with determination glinting in her eyes, she'd meet her so-called father. She'd be polite, kind even. If not to spite him then to show him, she didn't need him. Everything Lux is, everything she will become Sherlock had no part in. Lux takes pride in that. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It's the day. The day Lux meets her mother's sperm donor. Lux looked impassive, bored even. Mycroft was nervous and didn't bother hiding it. He was overthinking every possibility. In every possible way, Lux is HIS daughter, nothing would change his mind. Mycroft hopes Lux agrees.

Sherlock watched from the window in his flat as a sleek black car pulls up to his doorstep. Mycroft steps out first, holding his hand out for, who he assumed was, Lux. Mrs. Hudson interrupted Sherlock before he could see his daughter step out of the car. Telling him this many people in the flat might scare Lux. The people in the flat being John, Gary, Mrs. Hudson, even Donavan, and Anderson. By the time Sherlock turned back, Lux and Mycroft weren't visible. He could hear the front door open, hearing John greet them. He wrang his hands before sitting in his chair, trying his best to look impassive.

Mycroft and John walked into the living area, but no Lux. Sherlock rose a brow, confused.

"Lux, c'mere," Mycroft called, placing his open palm out towards to hallway.

A relatively small, boney hand wrapped around Mycroft's as Lux finally came into view. Spitting image of both parents, curious eyes searching the room. Curly dark hair, sharper cheekbones, mixed colored eyes, just like Sherlock. Plump full lips, full arched eyebrows, posture, that's all Nal. Sherlock studied his daughter, however, he couldn't get a read on her. She is blank.

"Lux, this is Sherlock. Your..." Mycroft starts.

"...Father." Lux finishes.

Her voice was clear, strict, sad. With a humble Irish accent, matching her mothers.

"Hello, Lux," Donavan says, as to break the silence.

"Hello, detective Donavan. I'd like to leave now uncle." Lux directed the second half towards Mycroft.

She looked up at him with adoration and confidence, having a small smile on her lips as she spoke.

"So soon?" John asks.

"You should stay a while longer, we'd all love to know you better," Gary stated.

"I had only come to observe what could have been, seeing as i have, there is no longer a reason to stay," Lux spoke calmly but she couldn't hold eye contact as she wrung her wrists.

Everyone stayed silent for a few moments, hoping another would break this silence.

"Lux, darling, let us stay a while longer. Maybe you could enjoy the company?" Mycroft suggested.

Lux looked at Mycroft curiously before giving a stiff nod. Lux allowed Mycroft to lead her towards the desk chair, gently sitting her down. Lux seemed to let out an annoyed huff but never made a move to stop Mycroft. The chair she was sat on was to Sherlock's left, like his clients would sit. 

"So...Lux, are you in school? you're still young." John strikes up a conversation as he sits.

"I have already finished my studies, Dr. Watson." She answers briefly.

"Do you know all of their names?" Sherlock spoke, attempting to study her intelligence.

Lux's eyes strayed over to Sherlock, just barely making eye contact before looking away.

"I know who all of you are, Sherlock Holmes." 

...

(Fewer words this chapter, I apologize.)