2

chapter two

chapter two

Yanmei had seen everything that happened. she felt everything. from the shock of the electricity flowing through her body as everything in her shut down, to the agonizing feeling of the water flowing freely into her lungs, the waves swallowing her whole as they pushed her from one end of the lake to the other. pushing her through the small river leading to the ocean and dragging her onto the salty, sandy, and sticky shore. 

she felt it all as she watched the battle unfold from a distance. she couldn't talk to anyone or feel them. she was a ghost. a spirit on the bridge of life and death. she had heard stories from Iroh that other spirits would be there and contact you in the spirit world, but Yanmei saw and heard nothing from them. it was if she was alone, and she had to watch herself and the people she cared about suffer as she began to fade away. 

the pain she felt in her heart as she watched Zuko completely break at her downfall at the hands of his sister. she had never seen him so fragile. she had never seen him so vulnerable and upset over anything, not even his mothers disappearance. she never realized how much she actually meant to him as she watched him beg for someone to save her.tears fell down her face as she watched both her families grieve over her death. but the saddest part wasn't watching them lose her, it was the fact that Azula cried. they psychopathic and damaged princess who ended her life, cried on the shore of the lake after the Dai Li threw the body into the lake. 

Azula didn't cry because she regretted what she did, or because she had lot the only person who was just as evil as she was. the only person who actually cared for her, who was her friend, who did everything in their childhood to protect her. she cried because she blamed Yanmei for the person she became. because the day that Yanmei blood bended her changed everything, and that small moment of weakness created a monster.

at least Yanmei wouldn't be there to see that monster, she had her own to deal with now.

++++++++++++

Manami had quickly gained her strength back thanks to Daria's medicinal tea and healing sessions twice a day. she was greatful for the family for letting her stay with them, they were a nice and welcoming family, something that Manami had always wanted.

a week has passed and Manami's memories have all came back, she remembers bloodbending Azula, being banished with Zuko, her dark episode at the North Pole, and her travels with the Avatar. most of all she remembers Sokka, she missed him so much.

they all think you're dead, they've moved on by now. who knows how long is been since you were defeated. the little voice in her head speaks. for years she had wondered why the voice was, but now she knows it's Vaatu. he helped create her spirit, so of course he had ways of getting in touch with her. Vaatu was the darkness inside her, most likely the reason for her dark episode long ago.