Hermione froze in the process of laying the table.

"He did? And what did he have to say about it?"

"Well once he removed his tongue from my throat, he told me that he was still in love with me."

I took another huge swig of wine as Hermione dropped a handful of forks, scattering them loudly across the tiled floor.

"He kissed you?!"

"No, he was just checking to see if my tonsils were swollen. Yes, he kissed me!"

"What?! He is married!" She exclaimed, hurriedly using her wand to clear up the mess. "His wife is dying!"

"I know." Another swig.

"And you have a- a... Tony," she hissed under her breath, pointing viciously towards the door to the hallway. "Right out there!"

"I know."

"Oh, Etta!"

"I know, I've screwed up. I'm a screw up. My son's a screw up. My life is one big fucking screw up." I sighed heavily, pouring myself another glass.

"Do you love him too?"

I froze. I had been expecting a lecture, not to be asked this. It had thrown me.

"What does it matter?"

"Well," Hermione shrugged, "I think it matters quite a lot."

"I want to make it work with Tony. He could be good for Al. All Draco and I do is bicker. And if he didn't leave his wife thirteen years ago, then he's sure as hell not going to leave her now. And actually, I wouldn't want him to anymore. I need stability for my son. I should have moved on years ago."

"Etta, you have every right to do what's best for Albus. However, I just don't want to see you rushing into something that will end up making you unhappy in the long term. Albus wouldn't want that either."

"Ugh. Life was so much easier when all I had to worry about was saving the world." I muttered, draining my glass. "That was a walk in the park compared to this."

*****

"Doesn't he have a pretty face? I mean, I don't think I'm imagining it, he has a pretty face, right?"

Tony gave a nervous chuckle as I mashed my palm against his cheek.

"Er, sure, Etta, whatever you say," Ron answered uncomfortably from across the table.

"Well, that was fucking awesome, Hermy," I said slapping my hand jovially across my stomach as I gave a loud belch. "You are one lucky bitch, Ronald."

"Etta, I think maybe you've had enough-"

But I had no time to listen to what Hermione thought I may or may not have had enough of. I had wine to pour.

"Did I ever tell you, my pretty little Tony, that- hic - that these two gorgeous people and my beautiful self were nick- hic - nicknamed the Golden Trio?"

I even added the air quotes - that's just how awesome I am.

"Several times."

"Made quite the threesome, if you know what I mean..." I winked - well at least I tried to wink but I think it came out more like a bad looking squint.

"Er, yeah, I'm sure you did."

"And isn't it lovely how they've found love together. Ronnikins and Hermy: found love during the good old Battle of Hogwarts. Remember, guys?"