Ch. 9 frozen heart, burning lungs

Todoroki POV
I was in the bathroom throwing up blood. But no petals this time.
Maybe it was just the after effect of the Hanahaki.
I heard Midoriya say something and walk out closing the door.
I felt kinda sad inside when he left.
I may have pushed him away...but oh how I loved his kisses. I love kissing Midoryia although can't due to Uraraka..
I walk out the bathroom after washing my mouth out. I start getting ready for the festival.
I know I still have that one festival dress from a couple years back.
Mom bought it for me...back when she wouldn't believe I was a boy. She wanted girl. Two boys and two girls is what she wanted.
Although she loved me. She would sometimes gaze at me, as if she wanted something else.

(Something like this but red and white :3 source is from google ;3)I found it and took it out

I found it and took it out..
I admit it was pretty. But it was for a girl. And I didn't have enough time to go buy one so I put the dress on and looked in the mirror.

Not that bad. I bet nobody will notice the difference.
I looked at myself.
I had nothing else to fix.
I've tried fixing this.
But I can't so I go along with what I can.
I walk away from the mirror and get my phone out.

Gravity girl: Hey guys! We are all meeting up at that Boba cafe near the festival! Can't wait!!

Baby shark: Alright! Can't wait! This is gonna be so awesome!

Anger issues: Yeah yeah...fuck you for making me walk so damn far..that boba store is a long walk.

Baby Shark: It's fine! I'll walk with ya!

Anger issues: Ok. Fine by me.

Half and half: Yeah..can't wait. That boba cafe has been there like forever. It's also a nice walk.

Broccoli boy: Can't wait! I haven't been to these festivals in forever!

I smile at the texts.

I get my wallet and grip the phone in my hand and start to walk out when I feel something draw me back.

Don't go...stay...stay here...and fall asleep...you don't need them
....stay with me...

I shiver. That voice echos in my mind. I shake it off and walk out the door.
I'm not gonna let this voice stop me. Not today.

-At the boba cafe-

I arrived a little late but I got there.
Everyone was talking and smiling. They looked so happy.

I smiled at them. Until they all turned there eyes on me.

All eyes widened.

Did I look that bad...?

"Oh my gosh! Todoroki you are so adorable!"
Uraraka yelled as she ran over.

She complained about how good I looked while everyone else said the same.
I blushed lightly I wasn't one to like attention.

But when Midoryia came over. My lungs burned. Like I couldn't breath.
I know you would think, that it's the heart that burns when see that special person but no.
My heart was cold.

Oh so very, very cold.

He smiled at me and complimented my dress. I smiled and nodded.

He had his own. Green as I suspected.
It was pretty.
I then looked at him and he was frowning.

"It's not the best though...doesn't look good on you...nothing ever does. The only good thing that is good is you quirk Todoroki-kun.." Midoryia said.

I was shocked. I couldn't believe he had said that.
I looked at the others and they had seemed to be laughing. Laughing at me..

I stepped back.

I should have listened...I should have stayed...I should have fallen asleep...where nobody can hurt me..

I stopped back further.

Jesus fucking christ...

"Todoroki-kun...?!" Midoryia yelled.

I snapped back into what I realized was my real reality.

Every looked at me. Worried, shocked.

"Are you ok..? You looked scared and sad..." he asked me.

I nodded. "I'm fine...just a little cold..." I spoke.

He looked at me, but shrugged it off and started walking to the festival.

Midoryia's POV

Todoroki-kun never gets cold. Well I don't think. I said his dress looked good. It was pretty. Especially on him. He said thank you but then...his eyes grew wide, and he looked shocked and sad at the same time. He stepped back. I was confused, so I called out his name. He snapped back and pretended like nothing happened. I knew he was lying but...it's fine...I'll find out sooner or later.

I soon heard the laughter and music of the festival get louder and louder, as we walked and walked. I could see the lights from here. Everyone was talking, and I was standing next to Todoroki-kun. I looked up at him and I tried starting a conversation.

I asked if he had been to one of these festivals before. He nodded as he told that he use to come here all the time. He would run off with his sister and two brothers to be the first to get the original pocky which had always been popular at the time.

I laughed as he told me these silly things. He kinda looked sad at some parts, and I asked him what would be wrong but he would shrug it off. Like he didn't want me to find something out. This is one of the things I hated. I wish he would tell me. Trust me ya know..?

He soon caught me staring at him. He smiled at me and looked around for a bit then kissed me on the nose. I blushed massively! Did anyone see..? That must of been him looking around. So that's how he wants to play.

I'll have plenty of fun tonight. I laughed as I grabbed his hand and started running towards the big gates that led open to the festival. I could tell he was surprised but soon started laughing, as he started running with me.

Todoroki POV

As he grabbed my hand, my lungs burned again. I hated this feeling. I loved him so much though. It hurt. But I just had to keep going. So he wouldn't ask me. I laughed and ran with him as he yelled for us to get pocky. Midoriya is to sweet. He's kind. To kind.

I don't think this makes any sense.

To have a cold heart, but burning lungs?
What a weird child I am.

What would you do....if you felt like there was lava inside you lungs, but a snow storm in your heart...?