Dawnguard - Touching the Sky pt. 1

(Y/N) - Your name

(H/L), (H/C) - Hair length and color

(E/C) - Eye color

(W/P/C) - Warpaint color

--

"What do you know about Auriel's Bow?" You ask Serana as you both start to walk back up the steps out of the Glade. Serana shrugs and shakes her head. "Not much. If you read any history, it shows up from time to time, but it's a hard thing to track." Her glowing gaze turns to look at you. "As far as I know, though, it's never been held by a vampire. That would be a new one." You sigh and stop walking, causing your vampiric friend to stop as well. "What does it have to do with the sun?" You question, looking at her. Serana shifts on her feet and places a hand on her hip. "Auriel is one of the elven gods. He's with the rest of them in Aetherius. The way I've heard it, the sun represents the connection from our world to theirs." Serana explains the best she can. "Supposedly, the bow draws its energy from the sun itself, which is why it shows up in the prophecy." This is all too much to absorb after everything you have just been through, but you continue to probe further. "What exactly does it do?" Serana waves her hand in the air dismissively at you question. "That part, I don't know. Once we have it, hopefully it'll be obvious."

You were about to continue questioning her when suddenly you heard a roar and felt a gush of wind. The next thing you knew, you were sliding across the dirt and stone, stopping inside one of the pools of water. You heard Serana gasp and then cry out angrily as she began using her spells to attack the foe that knocked you down. As you managed to stand back up, coughing out water and trying to shake the dizziness off, you found the blurry image of a gargoyle. That must have been what flew into you! When you regain your footing, you draw your sword from its sheathe and rush to join Serana in the battle. The gargoyle flaps its tattered wings for momentum as it swings its barbed claws at the both of you, the air hissing as they go. Why would you be attacked in such a lovely place like this? You and Serana finally disposed of your attack, but to your dismay, another gargoyle came stampeding down the steps. It was about to bash into you, like this first one, before you sent it flying with your voice. "FUS... RO DAH!!" You shout, saving you and Serana from a terrible inconvenience. The stone beast flew backwards and into two mindless thralls that were sent to aid the gargoyles in their deed. They both fall over, one of them crushed to death under the weight of beast. It gave a stunned growl before slowly trying to get up, but Serana sent an ice spike straight through its skull. You rushed forward and slit the remaining thrall's throat, not flinching when the hot blood sprays across your face. The thrall chokes once before he falls to his knees and then face-first into the dirt.

Running forward, you began to feel the familiar drain of energy, turning your head to find a vampire, dressed in dark robes, hissing at you with her hand raised. This time, it was Serana's turn to save you; as she rushes forward and practically jumps on the other vampire. You watch as she rushes forward and sinks her sharp fangs into the neck of the woman. Your (E/C) eyes widen when Serana turns her head to the side and rips out the throat of the spellcaster. She growls protectively as you both watch the other vampire grab at her throat and eventually bleed out. Before you could even make a move, Serana fires another ice spike by your face. You flinched and stumble backwards in time to watch another vampire impaled through the chest and collapse to the ground. Serana made sure he was dead before she walked over to you. "Are you alright?" She asks, checking you over for any injuries. You tell her you were fine and brush away any of her attempts to grab at your arms. You look around and loot the corpses for any sign of who sent them, but deep down you already knew. Harkon was doing his best at trying to keep you from the bow.

--

You and Serana had made it to Darkfall Cave without anymore trouble from her father's minions. You sighed with relief as you both stepped into the dark tunnel, your eyes slowly adjusting to the dim firelight of torches lining the walls. Further inside, you felt the cold spray of water falling straight down from the ceiling in the middle of the tunnel. Skyrim sure does have a lot of hidden waterfalls for a land that is mostly snow and ice. The tunnel twisted around the waterfall and lead deeper into the cave, only stopping you with a small frostbite spider hissing and rearing up its front legs. It starts to crawl towards you, but you instantly dig the end of the blade into its head. After the encounter with the spider at Volkihar castle, you really hate them now. It hissed again as the sword pierces its body, reeling back when you pull it out. You walk away and leave the arachnid to die as you continue to explore the cave. You feel a strong rush of air build up as you come into another cavern, a rickety wooden bridge extending across a dark drop off.