Dark Brotherhood - Getting Closer pt. 2

Whoo! Another chapter, haha! This one may be a little shorter than usual.

--

(Y/N) - Your name

(H/C),(H/L) - Hair color and length

(E/C) - Eye color

(W/P/C) - Warpaint color

--

You had finally made it to Dragon Bridge and you instantly began looking for Gaius Maro. You walked down the stone path to a house with the Imperial symbols on them. Standing in front of the house was Gaius himself and who you assume to be his father, Commander Maro. 

(A/N: That is your target

(A/N: That is your target.)

"Father, you worry too much. I'll be fine." You hear Gaius say as you slowly walk by casually. "I know you will." Commander Maro replies, "But all the same, remember everything I said. Stay alert, and when you get to the cities, make your observations and move on." Gaius sighs and folds his arms. "I understand. But you're being paranoid. I'm inspecting security, not charging off into battle. There's not a lot that can go wrong." The Commander sighs as well. "Son, when the Emperor's safety is concerned, anything could go wrong. Off with you, now. And good travels." Gaius nods. "Farewell, father.. I will return as soon as I am able."

A woman approaches Gaius, and you assume that she may be his love. "Well, this is it, then. Look after yourself, Gaius. You're doing your duty, and I'm proud of you. But you'd better come back to me. You hear?" Gaius looks at her. "Oh, Faida. I may travel alone, but you know I carry you always in my heart. I'll see you soon." You restrain yourself from facepalming at the sheer idiotic cheesiness that just spewed from his mouth into those words. With that, Gaius turns and starts down the road to his first city. You follow him, but enough distance behind as to not give him any suspicion.

***

It took awhile, but you finally found the perfect city to kill Gaius in. You followed him all the way to Whiterun. You waited until it was closer to nightfall and he had bought a room in the inn to sleep. It was easier to kill him in his sleep, because that means little to no witnesses to call you out. You looked around and walked forward to a room with double doors. That seems like the one Gaius would sleep in. 

You looked around once more and slowly opened the door, slipping inside the room. You closed it quietly behind you and crouched down, looking to your right and saw your target already fast asleep. You smirked at the thought that he was probably exhausted from walking all the time. You slowly withdrew your sword, flinching at the SHING the blade made. You looked at Gaius, hoping that that did not wake him up. You sighed quietly in relief and very slowly approached him as to not make anymore noise. You rose your sword arm up and quickly brought it down, piercing Gaius through his armour and quickly killing him. After you made sure he was dead, you took out the incriminating letter that Gabriella gave you. It wasn't sealed, so you decided it was safe to read before putting it in Gaius' pocket.

Vunwulf,

I agree to your conditions. When the Emperor arrives, I will pass along his schedule, and arrange for all doors to be unlocked, and any posted security to be conveniently absent for a small period of time.

Nothing will stand between your men and his eminence. He will die by Stormcloak hands, and neither my father nor your great leader Ulfric will even know anything is amiss until it is too late.

Leave the first payment, in gold, at this dead drop.

I look forward to continuing our relationship.

Gaius Maro

You chuckle quietly after you read the letter. Astrid and Gabriella did a very well job in creating it. You swiftly fold the letter back up and place it inside Gaius' armour. You then stand up and quickly run out of the room and out of the inn. You must make your way quickly out of Whiterun before anyone discovers Maro's body.

***

Back at the Sanctuary, Gabriella approaches you as soon as your foot leaves the last stone step of the stairway to the door. "Ah, at last. I've been anxiously awaiting your return." She says to you. "Gaius Maro is dead." You tell her and she folds her arms. "Yes, I know. As does Astrid. You have done well, and have earned both your reward, and a bonus, as I may have mentioned." Gabriella then hands you a small satchel with a decent amount of gold and Olava's Token for when you wish to see her for a vision of the future. 

You pocket both of your rewards

You pocket both of your rewards. "But you should know that we have a more pressing matter to deal with." Gabriella continues. "It's... Cicero. There's been an incident. You should proceed into the Sanctuary. I'll let Astrid explain." You're not sure what has happened, but the feeling you get with Gabriella's attitude tells you that it is definitely not good.

--

Word count: 835

Hehehe... Guess you'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out what Cicero did THIS time. >:D

FUN FACT: Did you know that I, the author, can sound like Cicero? Obviously not as a man, but I can sound like a female version of him. The first time I did it, it kind of scared me! XD

Don't forget to comment and vote! <3

Until next time~