12 ➳ Lila Fucking Hayes

Start from the beginning

I feel as though this isn't a normal occurrence.

As I skated past the long line of cars and made my way over to the gate, I caught a glimpse of very familiar bleach blonde hair as well as a chestnut type colored hair near the blonde one. This could only be two people.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" I asked as I hopped off of my skateboard and stopped it with my foot.

"New girl?" they said in unison.

My suspicions were correct it was indeed Lakyn and Hale. They were both standing at the front gate that allowed everyone passage in and out of Dayton Estate, but they were letting people into the estate.

"Isn't the point of a gated community to keep people that don't live in it, out?" I asked smartly.

"Um yeah I guess but Lilas throwing a surprise party." Hale said as if it was nothing.

I should have known.

"It's going to be a fucking sick party." Lakyn smirked as Hale nodded with a laugh.

Somethings not quite right, but hey not my problem.

"Right, well have fun, I guess." I said suspiciously as I jumped back on my skateboard and made my way around the corner and all I can see is cars, heaps and heaps of cars.

"Oh, we will new girl, don't you worry that pretty little head of yours!" Miles yelled out.

They must have been standing at that damn gate for at least half an hour maybe even an hour to have let in that many cars.

I somehow get the vibe that Lila's father is definitely not the type of person let alone parent to let a whole heap of teenagers get drunk in his multimillion-dollar home. So, my question right now is where is the party being held if it's not a Lila's?

I haven't met either Hale or Lakyn's parents so maybe one of them is allowing the party or could even be away on holiday or business trip so they are taking this as their opportunity to host a party, either way it's still not my problem; all I wanted to do was go home to my bed and sleep.

The sooner today was over the better.

After skating past a lot of the cars I could hear music blasting from someone s house, I couldn't quite make out who's but let's just say its only seven o'clock and they would for sure be getting a noise complaint by eight thirty.

I finally made it to my house, I rode down the driveway and the music seemed to get louder, I brushed it off as the house holding the party could be a mere one to three houses away from mine. I jumped off of my board and put my hand on the door knob and twisted it open.

When I pushed the door open, I quiet literally almost fainted or looked as though I had seen a ghost as I came face to face with heaps and heaps of strangers standing around in my house. Every one of the teenagers standing around were each holding a red plastic cup, I'm not stupid I knew what the contents of most of those cups would be. Alcohol.

My father is quite literally going to freak out when he finds out about this.

The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle and my lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with my heart beat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music.

Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. I couldn't make out any words, but laughter rang in my ears and wouldn't seem to stop. The song that was playing got louder, pulling me in and wouldn't let go.

What the hell was going on am I even in the right house?

I soon realized that I was in fact in the right house as I noticed that there was heaps of our family photos hung on the walls that were surrounded by at least fifty unrecognisable teenagers that were all underage and doing highly illegal things.