part twenty-one

Começar do início

"We could ask him to join us," you eventually let out, trying to act nonchalant though you both knew Taehyung could read you like an open book. He lifted an eyebrow, suppressing a smile before shrugging.

"Yeah, if you want to," he said, his mouth full of food.

"I mean it was just an idea, if you want we can stay just the two of us. There will probably be other times when we will be all together so it's not that important-"

"Nah it's okay, I don't mind. Just call him," he cut you off, saving yourself from the embarrassment of digging yourself in deeper. You stilled, shifting uncomfortably at the idea of calling him to ask him to come over. You felt like a 10 years old asking their lover to come to their house for the first time.

You knew Taehyung noticed you didn't want to be the one calling him but you also knew he wouldn't do it for you. He wanted to force you to get over the awkward tension between Jungkook and you and you weren't sure if you should be grateful or bitter about it.

He glanced at you, waiting for you to call Jungkook with a challenging expression. You clenched your teeth, taking your phone slowly, feeling Taehyung's stare on you. You searched for Jungkook's contact name and as you were about to call him, you couldn't bring yourself to. You knew Taehyung was watching your every move, a deafening silence settling in the room, but you couldn't bring yourself to call him.

"I'm going to the bathroom," he eventually said after a few seconds, leaving you alone. It was like a weight had been taken off your shoulders and you thanked him silently for understanding what you needed. A moment later, you were pressing your phone against your ear, waiting for Jungkook to answer with your heart beating out of your chest.

"Hello ?" he said after what felt like an eternity and you released a breath you didn't know you were holding.

"Hi," you let out with a shaky voice, clearing your throat, "What are you doing ?"

"I'm home, why ?"

"Maybe you could come over ? I'm with Taehyung and we thought we could spend some time together with you ? Only if you want to though, I understand if you have something else to do or if-"

"No, I'd be happy to come," he cut you off and you were almost sure he was smiling, "I mean if I'm not interrupting anything-"

"What are you talking about ? It's just Tae and I," you chuckled, already way more relaxed than a few seconds ago.

"I know, I just wanted to make sure it was okay for me to come," he said quietly and you smiled, your heart feeling warm somehow.

"I wouldn't be calling you if it wasn't."

"Makes sense," you heard the smile in his voice and it almost felt like nothing had changed. Almost.

"So... are you coming ?" you asked softly, your heart beating a little faster.

"Yeah, I'm on my way," he said hurriedly and you could hear him getting ready while talking to you.

"Okay," you said hesitantly, "Be careful on the way here."

The noises in the background stopped for a second and you could swear you heard his breath hitch.

"Yeah, always," he eventually breathed out and you hung up just as Taehyung came back.

"Is he coming ?" he asked as he lay down on the couch again. You nodded and he let out a small smile, not adding anything else.

When Jungkook arrived a moment later, you went to open the door without Taehyung pushing you to. As soon as Jungkook saw you, his face relaxed and he gave you a little smile, the both of you looking at each other without a word.

It was the first time seeing each other since the trial so you were quite anxious but seeing his soft smile and his comforting eyes on you made you feel better immediately. You let him in and followed him to where Taehyung was waiting, watching the both of you discreetly.

They stared at each other for a second and you felt like they were having a whole conversation just by looking at each other, excluding you. When eventually they looked away, Jungkook sat on the couch awkwardly, looking around curiously since it was the first time he had ever come here.

"Maybe we can watch a movie or something ?" you said and Jungkook immediately nodded, relaxing a little. Once you had started the movie, you sat on the couch, Taehyung between you and Jungkook.

You ended up falling asleep, your head resting on Taehyung's shoulder. You were woken up by his shoulder moving slightly as he chuckled. You kept your eyes closed, listening to his and Jungkook's voices.

"Are you seriously jealous of me now ?" Taehyung whispered and Jungkook protested on the same tone, careful not to wake you up, and you felt Taehyung shake his head slightly. "If you want we can switch places so that her head rests on your shoulder."

You could hear the smile in his voice and the way he teased Jungkook about you made you feel some type of way somehow.

"No, no, it's going to wake her up. Plus I didn't say anything, I'm not jealous," Jungkook whispered and you could imagine the pout on his face as he said that.

"Why do you keep glancing at us then ? Just watch the movie."

"I- I just wanted to know if she was sleeping," Jungkook said with the voice he always had when inventing excuses. You suppressed a smile while they kept on bickering quietly not to wake you up.

A few seconds later, your phone rang and they both held their breath, waiting for your next move. You pretended to wake up, stretching a little with a smile. They acted as if they had been watching the tv this whole time, and you shook your head at how pure your two boys were before checking who sent you a text.

 They acted as if they had been watching the tv this whole time, and you shook your head at how pure your two boys were before checking who sent you a text

-i don't know if i'm going to keep it going for long or end it soon, but i'm really happy about how this story has turned outalso, thank you so much for all the support, because i don't say it often but every vote and comment make my day so thanks...

-
i don't know if i'm going to keep it going for long or end it soon, but i'm really happy about how this story has turned out
also, thank you so much for all the support, because i don't say it often but every vote and comment make my day so thanks a lot :)