Scene 5 | Night Ride

Jennie walked alongside the dimly lit sidewalks of a small, quiet alleyway.

You could tell it was way past the average person's bedtime since the roads and highways were so empty, with only a few cars and engines being heard.

The Blackpink member had her face tucked into her jacket, with nothing else to keep her warm from the cold air.

The cup of coffee that was in her hands had already cooled and turned lukewarm.

She regretted not having a beanie or cap to stop the cold from getting to her head... or a scarf to protect her neck... or even a face mask to cover her dried lips.

But worse of all was the lack of light around her and the nervousness that came with it. That uneasy feeling walking through the dark alley made her body tremble even more with the cold.

The girl exhaled in a sigh, dreading to have to walk another 30 minutes to the place where she parked.

'Why didn't I park closer...' she mentally facepalmed.

Yet, she kept walking and shivering in the dark.

Until a light behind her grew brighter and brighter.

Jennie could hear a car engine getting closer, but paid no attention to it.

It wasn't until the car suddenly stopped next to her did she finally react.

Stopping in place, the young woman was shaking in fear at what was gonna happen.

'Am I about to get kidnapped? Am I about to die?' The girl's mind ran wild.

'Think, think..." she started panicking, trying to come up with a way to escape the situation.

Before she could think of anything, the door window of the car started to lower slowly.

Acting on instinct, Jennie took the cup of coffee in her hands and threw it at the car, running away before she could even see anything happen.

'I might actually die, I might actually die...' she repeated to herself.

The girl was sprinting as if her life was on the line. It came to the point where she was even gasping for air.

But she realized that she couldn't hear the car engine anymore.

'The car isn't following me?' She thought to herself.

Looking back while running, her eyes widened.

The man had gotten out of the car and was coming after her.

He was only a couple meters away...

Three meters...

One meter...

It happened so quickly, Jennie couldn't even understand how fast the man was able to catch up to her.

She looked back again and gasped, slightly choking on air.

The man was right behind her.

Holding out his hand.

"Jennie-noona!!"

Hearing the man call her name and knowing the voice that said it, the girl tripped in shock.

Falling down, it felt as if the world had suddenly slowed down; it was like she was in slow motion.

She was waiting to hit the ground and feel the pain that came afterwards.

But a pair of arms swooped in from under her, holding her up before any of that could happen.

"Noona! It's me! You okay?"