Scene 3 | Study

"Me like to go exershise."

"No, no. You say, I like to exercise."

Jungkook let out an exaggerated sigh.

His frustration was obvious.

"English is too hard. Let's take a break." He said, switching back to Korean.

Jennie gave him a deadpan look.

"We started half an hour ago." She said with an unimpressed face.

"Wow. I'm surprised I even lasted that long..." Jungkook gasped jokingly.

A sigh came from Jennie.

The two were sitting closely on the living room floor of Jungkook's private apartment, with studying cards, books, and papers messily placed around them.

"We are not stopping until you can memorize at least a couple of these sentences." She told him.

Jungkook began to dramatically cry without making a sound, while Jennie just looked at him with a blank face.

"Stop whining. You were the one who came to me for help, you know..." She said with slight exhaustion while fixing the flashcards she had in her hands.

"Did I?"

"Yup."

"Damn..."

Jungkook mentally punched himself in the face.

The Blackpink member ignored his clear regret.

Yet, Jennie kept trying to make her English student interested again.

"Come on Kookie... I thought you wanted to be better at English..." She softly said.

"Sorry. I think I'm just frustrated... I haven't been practicing lately and the US tour is coming up already. I'm scared for the interviews..." Jungkook expressed his thoughts to her.

"When are you guys leaving?" Jennie asked him.

"Tomorrow."

"WHAT."

Jennie's eyes were as wide as they could be and her mouth was as wide too.

"You're leaving tomorrow and you're only practicing these now?!" Her face was in disbelief.

"... hehe. My bad?" Jungkook awkwardly smiled at her.

"Tch..." Jennie clicked her tongue.

"I was waiting to practice these with Namjoon-hyung, but he's been working on his own parts for the interviews. You were the only one left who could help me." The boy tried explaining himself to her.

"I could have helped you this whole time, you know? It's not like I'm busy with a comeback or anything..." Jennie said, softly dissing YG at the same time.

"Yeah... it's just cause... um..." The boy's eyes were all around the place, trying to look for words.

Jungkook gave an uneasy feeling, keeping his eyes from meeting with the girl in front of him.

"Just what?" Jennie moved closer with one eyebrow raised, intimidating the BTS member.

"Uh... it's your..."

"My what?" Jennie went even closer and closer.

"... It's.. your accent..." Jungkook admitted with guilt.

The girl moved back in shock, feeling slightly offended and confused.

"My accent?" She repeated.