EPISODE SEVENTEEN: The x Pettiest x Fight

CHAPTER 17

THE PETTIEST FIGHT

It's the start of a new week, with many things to discover.

After the night's show, most performers retreated to their tents, as a thick tension was palpable in the air. It was laced with bloodlust, and none of the actors wanted to cross paths with the one exuding the potent force, and lay alert in their tents. With the origin unknown, the target of their silent wrath was also up to anyone's guess. For all they knew, the troupe killer was on the hunt and they could be attacked at any moment. The sky was clear as the sun dipped below the horizon, leaving the sky a dark violet with some lighter orange still at the surface of the distant earth. The moon was low and full, still a young yellow as it replaced the sun with its weaker illumination. A lithe, strong figure lurked in the elongated shadows the impotent lighting cast, slipping away from the living area to follow a less athletic form also leaving the tent cluster, most likely heading to the pub.

Or to meet with some friends.

Soon, as the colorful grounds Hisoka called home were behind him, and he followed Cookie to the second practice tent, now deserted in the tense atmosphere the clown couldn't detect. Though he was partially in the open, both of their feet gliding over gravel and dead grass, his footsteps were imperceptible and his aura was hidden. The clown wasn't skilled enough to detect the stalking of the magician, but luckily for the clown, his oblivion would soon end. The clown made it to the covered entrance of the tent, checking his phone for the time.

The eyes of the redheaded teen glinted deviously, perhaps with a little malice, as he crouched down in preparation for a takedown. A jester card slid into his slender fingers, poised to be thrown.

Cookie came to a pause in the clearing, sensing something was off in the air.

Hisoka darted forward, leaping over the expanse in seconds to come upon the low stringer in mere moments. Seeing the threatening shadow coming up on him, the clown turned around just in time to be pinned to the ground, the dew tickling his cheeks. The lanky teen's knee was laid across his lower abdomen and Hisoka sat on him, effectively trapping the clown under his weight, a pointed shoe at the base of Cookie's throat. The teen slung an elbow over his elevated knee, giving a look of nonchalance as he so blatantly was threatening the man beneath him. His yellow eyes were crinkled in a malevolent smirk.

"What do you want, freak?" The clown snarled, his heart beating frantically in his chest. He hated the look on the predatory teen's face. It scared him, because he was weak.

Hisoka hummed, his smirk widening into a grin that flaunted his sharp canines. "I was just wondering where Pearson just so happens to be. You two are awfully close, hm?"

"Why would I tell you anything?" The clown tried to be brave, but quailed when Hisoka's eyes narrowed and placed a card at the clown's jugular. Of course, the redhead had no intention of killing the clown as he wasn't the target, but it wasn't like the low stringer knew that. "...What do you want with him?"

The devilish teen chuckled quietly, putting a finger to his lips in thought. His eyes slid back to Cookie as he found his answer. "What if I wanted to kill him?"

The clown went wide eyed and didn't reply, but started struggling under the weight of the teen. Yellow eyes watched the futile struggle with amusement, finding a sick sense of entertainment from the action. He pressed the card into the skin of the clown's throat a little more, ending the struggle as Cookie went still again.

"I can't fathom what Moritonio saw in you. From the moment he brought you in, you were a menace in our midst." The whisper fell from the clown's lips, face leaning away from the sharp edge under his jaw. "It's not surprising you would pull something like this, you're probably the one killing our members!"