EPISODE FIFTEEN: Interlude I

|CHAPTER FIFTEEN|

INTERLUDE I

A crown can weigh heavily on a monarch's head, as it holds all the responsibility and the might of the kingdom they inherit. It is a tiresome labor that only ends when the monarch dies. They spend all their time existing for the purpose of furthering a legacy, and a dynasty.

After saying goodnight to her younger brother, Raiden, the [ hair color ] girl left her home to take a short stroll to her workplace. It was the following night after Hisoka had come in with Himiko, and she found it mildly amusing to think he had come to stay the first night of her double shift. Usually once every other week she would be scheduled to come in a few days in a row, and it just so happened to be this very one. Around her left arm was a cloth bag containing her pristine white uniform, washed and ironed. Her non-slip shoes were placed daintily on top of the folded dress, waiting to be put on in the employee's room. Her hair was not yet released from the tight braids tumbling down her shoulder blades. As of the moment, she was still the heir to the company and family legacy, and not the simple girl of the hotel lobby.

Her soft eyes turned upwards to the russet sky, observing the clouds that highlighted the sunset with salmon and orange tones. She felt an odd twinge in her stomach upon seeing the bold color crossing her sight more often than not. [Y/N] slipped into mindless thought as she continued out of her gated community, waving absent-mindedly to the bored security guard. The girl counted the different red things becoming apparent in her day-to-day life. There was Legends, room 502, Hisoka's hair, his sweater, the sky, the bruise on her collar... Her hand lifted to feel the wound, oddly enough it wasn't healing. In fact, it had begun sprouting discolored veins from the source of the bite, and it troubled her. The pain was also becoming more and more present, she found herself wincing when she used her right arm. She didn't want to have to explain it to her parents, the shame behind it still nipped at her. She could handle it herself, she was a big girl now.

Her thoughts shifted the topic, thinking of the shopping she had done with her mother. They had been out looking for proper wedding dresses for the upcoming event after she and Aitowa graduated from high school. After the honeymoon, it was decided that her husband-to-be would move out of the country to attend a university. It had been discussed if she would be going out of the country as well, but it seemed she was to stay close to home and attend a university near Glam Gas Land. It was there that she would earn a degree in order to secure her place running her father's company and uptaking the responsibility of the family's matters. [Y/N] hadn't really seen any dresses that she had set her heart upon, but she wasn't surprised. Although beautiful, she couldn't envision herself in the bountiful fabric as she was now. She didn't want to grow up yet.

Right on time, she found herself at the elegant revolving door, going inside and to the back to clock in. The girl always took pride in being punctual, and proceeded to change into her uniform. Her fingers were nimble when they buttoned the top of the dress, already feeling like a new person. Her old clothes were folded in the bag, taking the place of the ones she now adorned. She exited the employee's area to stand at the desk, undoing her hair and letting the locks fall into fresh [ hair texture ].

Quickly finding herself bored, she began counting the hours down. She started by loading up the washing machines with used linens left for her to clean.

One.

She then put them in the dryer and began to heat up her dinner in the microwave.

Two.

The girl sighed, taking out the linens and began folding all of them, and set them aside in a cart.

Three.