"You don't know what you're talking about." I shook my head and backed away.

"Don't worry. I'll tell you all about it when I'm finished with her." Leo smirked.

"With that busted lip and swollen jaw? I doubt she'd even blow a kiss in your direction." I laughed.

"You sure about that?" Leo smirked.

"Positive. Besides, she did choose a dweeb over me." I shrugged. "But that's not the full story. You don't need to know the full story. You just need to know that she's taken and if you think you're going to touch her, I'll kill you myself." I pointed in his face.

"Brooks! Howard!" Coach yelled finally fighting through the crowd. "Get your stuff and go home. We don't tolerate fights on the field and you both know that. You're benched!"

Leo and I glared at each other one last time before walking away. I snatched up my gym bag and walked into the school building to get to the student parking. I hopped in my car and sped off.

Amari

I sat on the couch in the living room laughing at a message Jake had just sent me. He was helping his Aunt do inventory check on the dresses and he was having the best time.

 He was helping his Aunt do inventory check on the dresses and he was having the best time

I was pulled away from my phone at the sound of someone banging on the front door. I glanced up at the tv playing quiet cartoons before glancing over to the window. It was almost sundown. Again, someone banged on the front door. I glanced at the door for a second before groaning and sitting my phone on the couch. I dragged myself over to the door and waited. When there were no more knocks, I slowly unlocked the door before pulling it open praying that whoever it was had left. There stood Tyler. He was in workout clothes, but he wasn't sweaty or anything.

"What're you..." He cut me off.

"Abstemious." He blurted out walking into the house.

I closed the door behind him before turning to look at him.

"What?" I asked suppressing my laugh.

"Abstemious." He repeated. "Abstemious." He pronounced it differently.

"What is that?" I laughed.

"It doesn't matter." He shook his head. "It doesn't." He mumbled grabbing onto my face and kissing my lips.

I kissed him back holding onto his shirt before pulling away confused.