Part Three: Scattered and Confused

It was the evening that would begin the fourth day.  Michael had slipped away to meet with the Triune imploring for some sort of intervention.

"This battle...it never ends though it wears on us.  The only way for us to die is to be wounded badly enough that the fallen come back in multiple force, but with their memories also broken apart their is much and more confusion the more the fallen rise to fight.  Same with the creatures that now glow with the light of Beulah.  They seem confused sometimes switching between the sides as if torn within themselves, and yet all have the drive to fight on.  And in all this, Samael has not be defeated to fall once.  He is the last remaining of his kind, and in his lack of defeat he seems to only grow in strength.  We seem unable to contain such power."

In the lulls of the heat of battle Samael also slipped away.  He pondered why - with the strength of Beulah within itself - the dragon was not able to reform.  True, these were only the seven heads of the dragon.  Their bodies yet remained scattered and lifeless in the outer void.  But the components were all there as well as all the spirits.  The dragon should reform.  He looked to the fallen remains of Beulah of whom Zeus had sucked the life force out of taking her light.  That was it!  Somehow in all her scattered spirit and broken parts she yet clung to life.  Something within herself was sustained and fighting on.  They must torment her until full surrender to their ways.

And truly she did cling on.  Though she could not recollect the fashion behind the light, she had imprinted in her the memory of Light.  It was to the Light that she sung Psalms of repentance.

Father and Mother had merely dismissed Michael with 'It was not yet the time for Beulah's resurrection.'  HaShem though, could feel her every sorrow and hear her every heartcry.  He yearned to do something to at least ease her suffering.  When he felt Samael's intent to torment the last of her strength from her he could wait no longer.  Father and Mother had not said she could not be moved to a wider place free of her brothers.  

"Great Light," Beulah was saying, "Forgive the err of my ways in turning aside from you.  The lion-faced creature deceived me.  I thought I could attain to light such as you.  Oh! that you would forgive me!"

"I do forgive you..."  HaShem saw the two sides of the battle uniting to one foe as Samael talked with them blaming the cause of the battle in the first place on Beulah.  She who had never had light in her was the cause the brothers now fought.  They were looking her way with mockeries but HaShem they did not even notice.  He began to carry her reminas - her skull and all her bones - from the tomb they had lain in - the bracelets that barred their way opening for them.  He carried her to where he had first given her life.  This bought them some time as the brothers assumed she would soon also be resurrected as before.

Here she carried out her repentance - taking all her brother's warfare on herself to blame:

"I have cried out to thee, O Light of Lights, in my affliction and thou hast heard me.

Oh Light, save my power from unjust and iniquitous lips and from cunning snares.

The light which was taken away from me with a cunning snare will not be brought to thee.

For the snares of the self-willing-one are widespread with the traps of the merciless.

My power was in places which were not mine.

And I flattered these merciless ones and when I flattered them they attacked me without cause."