So Much for One

As the evening after the first day approached, the Dark One called for a meeting of all created beings.  His toddler son whom he had spent the entire day playing with he set down at his right hand.  

(The thing I must remind all of at this point is that time - and therefore space - were not at all as they are today.  First, the time of daylight - which we would say is about twelve hours - would have felt more like two thousand years with the weight of the curse we now bear.  However for them, they had only grown to about the age of two.   The thing is, they were all very light-hearted and not at all burdened with much curse.  When they had first taken on physical form, it was even as if they were still spirits because they were not weighed down with physical needs such as eating but everything was stretched out great distances in both time and space such as they were pregnant for an exceedingly long amount (if time could have existed before light was born.))

The Dark One raised his hands for order.  All the mystical creatures around Beulah seated and her methodical presence soothed them.  Samael, who was extremely clever, watched them interact closely noting any peculiarity he could.  His own charge he commanded to sit around him.  They quickly heeded knowing he did not leave any room for error.  For each of the ten children who had died in the preceding battle, ten more smaller versions had been produced.  If one of these groups of ten were combined, they would have completely equalled their predecessor in size and trait.  However, in this state they had no recollection of the person they once were.  This was the same for the creatures Beulah commanded.  The spirits of their predecessors were also jumbled up within the distributed creatures.  If the spirit were to unite then the memories would also return.  The only empty bodies and whole spirits were that of Father and Mother (the Dark One and the Fair Maiden.)  And thus, with the three surviving toddlers keeping the dark secret of the past well hidden, the day had continued without any surprising or eventful hitch.

With the attention of all upon him the Dark One began, "My beloved family!  It is my desire that we all be one: that there be no darkness nor strife between us, but that we all act under a common design.  For this cause I will share that there is darkness that has become intermingled amongst you that is destined to rise again.  Against this darkness I wish to name a predecessor that would be able to contain and one day defeat it."

Samael straightened himself: 'Father must surely be speaking of me!' he thought.  'Who better than the firstborn son who had tamed the dragon in the first place?'  He gaze fell on HaShem seated  next to Father and his whole demeanor frowned.  He would have to dispel all doubt as to which son was the destined king.  

Beulah immediately stepped forward, "Father."  she bowed reverently.  "We are happy to be blessed with your presence once more.  I have closely been monitoring the darkness the flame of which has not hurt my eyes but rather I have been able to clearly see what others cannot.  I have seen it's threats and have thus far soothed it in slumbering melodies."

Samael laughed as he bumped her aside also bowing before Father, "I think what she means to say," he began, "Is that she has only taken them to preschool and taught nursery rhymes.  My Father, when this beast realizes its strength it is I who already am its master for it will not forget the bond I have over it."

Father leaned forward, "And how is it that you plan to wield strength over it son?"

"I will wield it as a weapon against any uprisings in the children of light that they may learn not to err." 

Father leaned back gazing to his right, "And how would you rule the darkness HaShem?"

HaShem had been watching Beulah in deep mesmerization.  He  quickly attempted to gather his thoughts.  "Uh, Beulah...I mean I like to see how her melodies...at work...could tame the monster within.  Perhaps there is a way we could work together...as one...all of us I mean...so that where there is unity the darkness would not have a foothold."  He grimaced realizing he had not actually come up with a way of actually defeating it.  

"What an excellent idea son!"  Father chimed and Samael had to catch his chin from falling below him.  'Was Father going to just agree with whatever HaShem said?'  he thought.  But Father was speaking again, "Since Beulah is already in charge of where the darkness is distributed and  shown her resilience against it, all of the rest of you put your lights with hers so that she may know how to correctly rule over it.  This is my greatest wish for all of you that we all may rule as one!  Dismissed!"

Samael stared at HaShem then jerked away realizing he was staring.  'This was all his fault.'  Surely he did not know how he had spent the whole day belittling Beulah in order to talk her into allowing him to gain control of the mystical beings as well.  Ever since HaShem and Father had first left him to spend the day playing he had been planning to rebuild the dragon.  Now Father actually needed someone who was capable of not only rebuilding it but keeping it docile!  There was no way in hell fire that he was going to give his light to a being lesser than himself!   No way he was going to entrust the dragon he clung to for empowerment: for success - to a girl!

Already the coming together for the meeting and the information shared had incited the dragon within with rebounding energy and  flame.  The spirit of Fair Maiden had gone unknowided by most as thy busided with playing amongst themselves.  Now she could keep them apart no longer with distracting ideas.  Samael raised his hand to them.  "Dragon, I summon thee!"  The attention of all turned his way as the mystical creatures came together and the dragon was reborn.