Calm down

Remus looked at Deceit. The snake was always best in helping them out. Deceit looked helpless for a few seconds, before his face became stern and he looked right back at Remus.

"Blanket", he simply said while crouching down in front of Virgil, mumbling quiet words of encouragement. Remus quickly did as he was told. He grabbed the blanket and put it carefully over Virgil's shoulders.

The boys hands moved away from his ears to the blanket, pulling it closer around him. He could now hear the words clearly.

"It's going to be okay Virge. We won't hurt you. You're safe now."

Virgil finally looked up.

His eyes widen when he wasn't greeted by a mocking Princey or an annoyed Logic. No. It was a warm, sad smile and open arms.

"D-Dee..?"

Remus now walked from behind the boy next to the snake, letting himself fall down onto his butt.

"Remus..?"

Virgil was confused, to say the least. But his mind didn't register anything. He saw the open arms and the welcoming faces, as if he had come home from the first vacation without his parents. And he did the first thing he could think of. No, he didn't even think. He did it out of instinct.

The boy started sniffing slightly and let himself fall forward, into the open arms of the snake. The arms closed around him and Virgil could feel pressure from behind, telling him that Remus joined into the hug.

The three sat there for a while. Deceit stroke Virgil's hair gently, helping him breathe and whispered silent encouragements until the boy finally calmed down.
But Virgil didn't want to break out of the hug, he enjoyed the comfort. When was the last time he got hugged? It was shortly after he arrived at the light sides' place. Morality greeted him with a hug, before they knew who he was.

"You must be confused."
Deceits voice brought him back to reality. Virgil, not trusting his voice at the moment, simply nodded.

"Well, Dee found you a month ago laying at that lake. Since we haven't seen you for years, I said we could kinda watch you if you'd come back.", Remus finally said.

"You stalked me..?" Virgil nearly smiled. He should be mad or something but he missed these kind of actions from his old friends, as weird as it may sound.

"Well duh! You looked so peaceful, we didn't wanna interrupt!", Remus smirked a little but Deceit was dead serious. Of course he made sure that his face didn't represent that in order to not scare Virgil.

"But in the morning you were in such a hurry, you even lost the headphones we gave you when you left. And you repeatedly said 'Please don't kill me'. Virgil, do you wanna talk about it?"

Virgil froze at what Deceit said. He heard. He knew.
The boy quickly shook his head, hoping he wouldn't get angry.

Deceit sighed sadly before smiling again.
"Okay. It's your decision. Just know that Remus and I are here to help you."

Virgil nodded slowly, still remaining in the hug while Remus continued telling the things out of their point of view.