12:00

My parents once told me that when you find your soulmate the love is a lot more unexplainable than usual. It's so great that it hurts, burning every fiber in your bones. and as that love takes in oxygen causing more fuel to the fire, that person becomes your shield, your armor making it harder for you to realize that you are the fire that is smothering them until they are nothing but melted metal.

You were my armor, my shield. My guardian angel sent from above to care for me. You were my sun.

So every night when I asked God, why me? Out of all the people in the world, why did you choose me? He said nothing. Not a fucking thing.

The first couple months were the hardest after you were gone, I used to turn around on my side, pull my knees to my chin and cry for a resurrection, for a new life, for you. Till I realized that there was no use in crying.

So they lied, they told you that life can be this amazing thing but it can't because everything fucking falls apart.

"Come on baby wake up. Kea, I know that you're still alive, I made sure of that! Get up — please." the sirens were getting louder as they were rounding the corner to come take you away. I tried to get a perfect look at your face that was covered in blood but looked beautiful nonetheless. Implanting it in my mind forever until they took me away from you. Your cheeks were cold as I kept kissing your face, kissing your lips waiting for you to tell me that you were just playing with me. They were coming quick and I couldn't move, "Don't leave me. Yo - you don't get a chance to leave me."

I was wiping your face and your body, riding it of blood as you were limp. And as I saw you get taken away in a black body bag I saw the light of the sun go out. Then I realized, I was out in the open stripped of my shield just waiting for my first blow.