Fairer than a Mulberry

Braxton's POV:

Thanksgiving arrived in Harverna, along with crunchy leaves and pumpkin spices spreading everywhere. Binging on food with expected leftovers was even a thing. Family time and gratefulness was the true meaning of this holiday.
But if you're me, I wasn't thankful for what happened to this year's Thanksgiving. About that, my closest companion other than my parents or my friends was my chocolate Labrador named Mulberry. She was the nicest puppy I ever had when I was a toddler after my uncle saved her from abuse in a pet center. Sadly, he fell ill and died in a hospital bed when I asked him one last time to adopt the puppy.
On the morning of Thanksgiving, I searched the whole house to find Mulberry, but after finding out that she went missing, I knew that my perfect Thanksgiving wasn't perfect at all.
"Mom, Dad, Mulberry's gone!" I cried to them.
"Have you checked every room to find out where she is?" My mom asked with concern.
   "Yes, but she disappeared somewhere."
   "When was the last time you've seen Mulberry?" Dad added to the conversation, still looking for answers on his phone.
   "Last night inside the living room. There was a dog door at home, so she must've escaped there."
"I'll go file a report about Mulberry." Mom added.
"No, I'll do it." Dad insisted. However, my parents were arguing over it, driving me crazy and shouting, "I'll put the report. If Mulberry's never coming back, then Thanksgiving is ruined. I'm never thankful for a missing pet anyway."
*****************************************
Alan's POV:

   My sister and I opened several cards from Dad, Janine, and our three step siblings. I miss these kids and Dad so much, they look so blessed together while I had to be stuck with a Savage in our lives. Gary Savage, my stepfather's name that I don't wanna hear anymore. I'm never thankful for my new life.
   "Alan, are you okay? You know, we still had to spend our time with our family because it's Thanksgiving."
"I'm fine, but I can accept the fact that the family you're looking at on a card is still our family. I know it's repetitive, but I can think about them all day."
"Me, too. I mean, Gwen grew up really pretty and I missed her the most." Meredith pointed at the little girl on the card. "One day, I hope we escape from this house to go find our true home."
"But that won't happen anytime soon, Meredith."
"Meredith? Alan?" Gary's voice called both of us up.
"I'm coming!" I secretly took the card back into my room, locking it so that Mum will never find out.
   "Dad, I love you so much, I'll do anything to see you again." Taking out my nose ring and putting it on, I transformed into Darkbird with the scythe in my hand. My phone buzzed as I received this message:
Dear Darkbird,
   Have you seen our chocolate labrador? She was currently missing since last night, and we need your help! She has a blue collar with a name tag that said "Mulberry" on it, is about 7 years old, weighs about 60 pounds, and is very responsive and friendly. Contact us if you found her for a very special reward. Good luck finding her!
                                               Sincerely,
                   Beckett, Mila, and Braxton Palmer

   Next, I flew out of the house, checking everywhere for the busy streets of Nymphus. On the intercept of the road, I found a whining puppy that could've been lost, which was a chocolate labrador trying to survive the streets alone.
   "You okay, little fella? What's the matter with you? You must be the Mulberry lost in the street."
   The dog jumped excitedly, but I was annoyed by it. With a wave of my scythe, the poor dog turned into an aggressive hellhound, losing its sweetness and innocence.
   "Fairer-than-a-cherry, my very wild Cerberus. Take away all of the gratefulness around the world. In return for your safety back home with the Palmers, arrive to me with the sixteen constellions, all from the Mythical Spirits. Understand?"
   The dog named Mulberry whimpered, turning into the villainous hellhound.
*****************************************
Braxton's POV: