The Golden Bracelet

Charles's POV:

   Just less than two weeks before Halloween, I had my 9th birthday party held at a catwalk that I go every year for a fashion show on a Sunday after church. I know my mom could be a bit over the top about any of my celebrations due to her fashion brand's success. But this year is a bit different than what you really expected now that I have secretly started another new life as a spirit.
   When my friends showed up, they brought me various gifts that I was thankful for.
   "Happy birthday, Charles!" They all greeted at the catwalk, giving various gestures. Heather was the last to walk, but she ended up tripping over my body with a small gift flying out of her hand.
   "Happy birthday, Charlie! Sorry I kind of tripped over because I fell in love with y- no... I mean, I fell over you again. I, uh, still got you a gift on time..." Heather stuttered around me.
   "Thank you so much, Heather." I picked up the box and opened it, which revealed a beautiful golden bracelet with opal and pink tourmaline gemstones and a name charm that said my first name. "I love it so much, Heather. I'm glad to have you as one of my friends."
   "Thank you..." Heather replied, going somewhere. Wait, I can't believe that Heather is wearing the Cherami Gautier limited edition dress and leggings set! I mean, I can imagine if Prairina would wear that as well. But yet, Heather is still one of my friends, and I'm still not sure about who is behind the fluffy tutu of my favorite fairy since there are many dark haired and dark eyed girls out there.
   "So when are we going to have some cake? I'm hungry for some..." Raymond asked me, adjusting his prosthetic.
   "Ray, it's after the show. Is Deron going to show up soon?"
   "I mean, the Lightfoot brand is in Los Angeles right now and they're on their way back home."
   "Okay. But I don't know who's more rude in my life. It's either him or my cousin..."
   "Dude, why your cousin?" Terry questioned.
   "I didn't even invite him. He was actually being a huge creepy stalker, looking through all my stuff and invading my alone time."
   "But dude, he's your cousin. He cares about you a whole lot." Ray added.
   "I understand, but taking things and showing every single little thing to the world without even asking me first... how will you feel about that?"
   "Well, that's the struggle of being famous as a model." Terry replied, shrugging his shoulders.
"Hold up, please. I have to go catwalk in a few minutes..."
"Good luck, Chuck!" Terry waved, bro-hugging me. I found the backstage of the runway, waiting for my turn to walk down the aisle after lots of models took the spotlight.
"Thank you all for participating in Charles Louis Gautier's 9th Birthday Fashion Show. We now have our birthday boy walking down the aisle while his schoolmate Heather Rose Kang will perform her original song live during his time on stage." My mom announced with the microphone headset in her hand. She passed it to my friend, who was clearly sweating and blushing while she looked at me in my new outfit.
"Are you nervous?" Mom asked her.
"Yeah, I've never performed live at a fashion show before... so this is my first time..."
"Break a leg, Heather!" A random voice yelled, then it all turned to cheering.
*****************************************
Heather's POV:

I was sweating really hard, trying to calm down because I can't really believe that my crush just noticed me! And his famous fashion mom hired me to perform his favorite song in front of his fans! When the music played, I started dancing gracefully on the catwalk, singing my heart out while doing two of my favorite things at once. In the middle of my routine, Charles walked like a model, showing off his outfit, but just as he was about to leave, his fans told him to stay on stage and hold my hand. I was screaming internally because they all wanted me to be his girlfriend, even if we're too young to actually date, according to our parents. All of a sudden, one of the fans who dressed in the exact same outfit my crush was wearing had the golden bracelet that I gave Charles. Awkwardly, I ended up running off stage, panicking every single second of what happened to Charles and that mysterious doppelgänger. Could it even be that the boy stole my crush's bracelet? Who is he anyway?
*****************************************
Charles's POV: