9

Naruto hums a small tune under his breath as he strides down the streets, a stick in hand. His dad had just told him the news! The kage summit was happening here and soon! Naruto couldn't wait, he clambers up on a stool in Ichirakus'.

"Well hello there. Aren't you suppose to be with Minato?" Teuchi asks the small toddler, curiously.

"'m otay! Daddy lemme 'xploring! But 'm hung'y! So Daddy gimme money fo' wamen!" Naruto hurries to explain.

"I see. And what would you like to have young mister?" Teuchi asks, not the slightest bit out off by a toddler by himself.

"Misooo!" Naruto grins happily.

"Coming right up!"

Naruto swings his legs back and forth, continuing his humming as the ramen was cooking. He was bouncing and shaking his head to the rhythm when he suddenly got a weird shiver down the back of his spine.

Naruto pauses and looks around, hoping to not see anything potentially dangerous. He was glad when he couldn't see or sense anything. But then why did he get a shiver? Was he cold?

"Here ya go. One miso ramen!" Teuchi grins as he places the bowl down for Naruto.

Naruto grins and thanks the man before greedily inhaling his noodles. It wasn't long before another person entered the shop.

"Welcome! What can I get for you Sand Shinobi?" Teuchi asks causally.

Naruto looks up in shock and promptly chokes on his food so hard that it caught the attention of both teuchi and said Sand Shinobi. Which was actually Sasori! How convenient!

Sasori, not knowing what to do when there was a choking child just began patting the child's back in hopes of getting whatever was clogged in his throat, out.

Naruto eventually manages to stop his choking scene and breaths a sigh of relief when he was dying on ramen.

"Are you okay kid?" Sasori asks, an eyebrow rising in question.

"'m 'kay! Fanks Sori!" Naruto grins up at the red head, sparkles shooting out if his eyes.

Sasori visibly falters. "Y-You're welcome? How do you know my name?"

"Sori! Needs your help! Come come!" Naruto exclaims, grabbing hold of Sasori's hand and dragging him down the road but not before paying for his ramen.

Sasori decided to just humour the child and mentally shrugs, following wherever the strange but surprisingly adorable child. They ended up in a part of the village that Sasori would rather not cause a scene at, The Uchiha District. Why was he here?

He could see the stares and hear the whispers as he gets dragged by a toddler. Sasori didn't know whether to feel embarrassed or pissed off. The toddler stops at a specific house and knocks on it quickly.

"'tachi! 'tachi!!! 'TACHI!!!" The blonde baby exclaims, not giving whoever was living in the house enough time to respond.

Whoever this 'tachi was, Sasori was praying to Kami they had enough patience to deal with this child.

The door opens and there stood a brat. "Naruto, did you find something?" The brat smiles softly down at Naruto, obviously ignoring the Sand Shinobi for now. Sasori was fine with that, he could very much be invisible right now.

'Naruto', nods excitedly and tugs on Sasoris' sleeve. Sasori visibly blanches. He was not some sort of shiny treasure found on the ground.

"I see. Sasori of the red sand." The child smiles at Sasori. "I am Uchiha Itachi. I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

Sasori nods back a greeting before he was suddenly pulled into the house with a baby on his shoulder exclaiming 'Wheeee!'

"I apologise for the abrupt interruption, I fear we must have the rest of this conversation inside. Everything that is said here is going to be confidential." Itachi says as he gestures for them to sit.

"'tachi! Where's your parents?" Naruto asks as he rolls around the couch.

"They're out. Mother had taken Sasuke for their morning walk and Father is preparing for a meeting." Itachi responds with amusement as his eyes track Naruto rolling left to right then back again.

"'kay!" Naruto grins as he sits up abruptly, causing his hair to spring up with static.

Itachi holds in his laughter, knowing the baby would probably pout at him.

"Please, have a seat. Would you like anything?" Itachi asks with a polite smile as Sasori sat down on the couch hesitantly. They were in enemy territory after all.

"Yes. I would like to know what the hell is going on." Sasori responds drily.

Itachi allows a small smile out of amusement before taking a deep breath and his emotions went blank. Sasori was slightly terrified at the sudden change and looked down at the blonde child who also had a serious expression on his face.

"Well. First of all. He's not from this timeline." Itachi says pointing to the blonde child who was sitting on the couch properly. Itachi and Sasori blatantly ignoring the blonde hair sticking up all over the place.

Sasori managed to think 'Well shit.' Before he took a deep breath and sighs. "This is going to be a long day."

"This is the most longest day of my life." Obito complains, while being sat on top of by Hidan.

"Stop complaining. You want to bring him back don't you?" Sasori rolls his eyes.

"Well yeah but I didn't think I'd just be sitting here, doing nothing to help bring him back. You're contradicting yourself." Obito grins.

"Wipe that grin off your face before I make it permanently stuck that way." Sasori glares.

"What?! You can't do that." Obito blanches.

"Who here is the puppet master?" Sasori says sarcastically.

Obito gulps. "Hidan, please get off me so I may run for my life before I am permanently castrated while having a grin on my face."

"How about... No?" Hidan smirks while cleaning his scythe.

"You guys are evil." The Uchiha groans.

"Yes. That's why we used to be in a cult." Someone says, Obito wasn't sure who.

"And look at where that got us." Obito retorts before paling at Sasoris' warning look.

"Nooo! Please! I'll be good I'll be good!"