lxx. | "remember"

Start from the beginning

Ella turned away from the mirror. It was time to take a shower, it'd been too long. She turned the faucet on, closing the mirror door to not spray the water everywhere and to get the water nice and warm. She started unbuttoning her pants when there was a knock at the door. "Who is it?" she called out, kicking her pants off of her ankles. "I'm in here showering! If you want to shower, it'll be a few minutes! I'm just getting in!" she yelled at the door again. She rolled her eyes.

"It's Glenn, can I come in?" his voice was groggy as he called out.

"Um, yeah."

He opened the door and shut it close. He stared at her legs. He had never seen them before. It was weird to see legs. He hadn't seen any in a long time. It was odd that he thought that but it was only normal. "Mind if I shower with you? Save some water?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ella almost immediately told him he could, but then she remembered her bite mark. She didn't want him to find out by showering with her. She had to tell him as she undressed. "Yeah, of course, but I also need to tell you something."

"Okay, what is it?" he asked. She pulled her shift up over her head and pushed the sleeves off her arms, throwing the shirt to the ground. "Ella?" She stepped forward in her under garments and revealed her arm to him. He was shocked when he saw the mark. "You're bit. How? How long ago? Last night?" he asked her.

Ella took a deep breath in. "No. In Richmond where Tyreese died. That was three weeks ago?" she looked at the wound again. "It even looks old if I'm being honest. Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. But I wasn't sure when the right time was. I don't want you to tell any one else. They might freak out too much." she told him.

"I-I don't care. All I care is about you. Do you think it's spreading at a slower pace than most? How did that CDC doctor not catch this?" he asked her, touching her wound.

"I don't think something this big would show up." she laughed.

"I guess not, huh?"

She nodded. "Yeah," she glanced at the running water in the shower. "Get undressed! We gotta take that shower!" she laughed at him.

He laughed along with her and immediately started to take his shoes and clothes off. Ella slipped out of her underwear and unclamped her bra, letting it fall to the ground. She opened the shower door and stepped inside. She smiled when the water hit her skin. She soaked her entire body underneath the water, letting it run down her body. She looked at the ground, seeing all the dirt and blood that was once apart of her was getting washed away for good now.

Glenn stepped in behind Ella, grabbing her hips and switching them so he was under the water now. He smiled at her in awe for he was finally seeing her beautiful face again, the grime all gone and rinsed almost completely gone. He started scrubbing his head with water to rid himself of the gross feeling he had as he stood in the shower. Ella picked up a bottle of men shampoo and placed it next to his feet. She picked up women's shampoo and applied it to her hand. She rubbed her hands together, then began to scrub at her head, itching all the gross stuff away and down the drain.

When they were done washing in the shower, Ella leaned up and planted a kiss on his lips, her hands on the back of his head. He smiled in the kiss. They pulled away and kissed again over and over many times until Ella turned the shower off and jumped out of the shower.