prologue

To RENJUN and the
rest of the '00 dreamie liners:
JENO, HAECHAN & JAEMIN,
Happy Graduation from
NCT DREAM! 💚
(2016-2019)

*literally me trying to stay cool over the fact that these four lovable crackheads won't be in dream anymore*__________________

__________________

" Reality felt like a dream,
and a dream felt like reality.
It was like dreaming
with my eyes open.  "

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Renjun's POV

"Screw this shit." I muttered and pulled my hair in frustration.

"What's the matter, Hyung? Did Producer TY-track cut off your lines again?"

I turned around and glared at the most annoying boy I've ever met. Zhong Chenle. I swear, he's the loudest and is literally so irritating I grew a strand of white hair once because of him.

"No, and shut up. I can't think of anything for this project."

He nodded and went over to sit next to me. Peeking at my music sheets, I immediately hid them behind my back.

"Mind your own work, asshole!" I shouted.

"Chill, I already have a verse and chorus. Wanna listen?" He suggested.

I sighed. Everyone else was making progress except for me. I might end up becoming the music academy's worst student ever. It didn't help that I had a sore throat, I couldn't even sing or record anything with this hoarse voice of mine.

"My song is called 'We Young'. Okay, to be honest, Jisung and I wrote it together. He's working on the korean lyrics while I do the chinese lyrics, since we've already figured out a tune." He beamed proudly.

Park Jisung, Chenle's other half and literally his biggest best friend. They do everything together, even brushing their teeth together. I'm not surprised if they end up gay and fall in love like my other two friends Lee Jeno and Na Jaemin. I groaned and crushed another sheet of paper before tossing it into the bin.

Just then, one of our vocal trainers, Kim Doyoung, entered the recording studio. He was one of the final members of almost-debuted group, NCT U. After that MS Entertainment scandal, all of the members moved over to our music academy, Dreamie Music, to work as trainers and producers.

"Hey, look. It's my two favourite Chinese students." He cried. "Actually, you are the only two Chinese students here so..."

I smirk. His sense of humor could be rather hurtful, just like mine. Chenle nonchalantly waves back excitedly.

"It's late. Why don't you two head back to the dorms and get some rest. You can work on your project tomorrow." Doyoung said.

"Really? Okay! I'm so tired. But before that, Hyung, I wanna show you my song. Jisung and I wrote it!" Chenle cleared his throat before singing, "So what? We sexy and young!"

Accompanying that lyrics was one of the most obscene actions I've seen in my life. Chenle was literally touching his nuts and his tongue stuck out. What did Jisung do to him?

"Okay! Um...I think...it's a brilliant line but why not 'hot' instead of 'sexy'? Just a suggestion, yeah?" Doyoung laughed nervously.

Chenle thought for a moment before scribbling on his music sheet again.

"Ooh, thanks Hyung. So what? We hot, we young! Okay, that sounds even better!" He squealed.

We said our goodbyes to Doyoung and left the campus and headed back to our dorms. As we were walking out, I heard a girl's voice calling my name.

I turned around and recognized Na Chaemin, Jaemin's annoying cousin who's the same as me and also studies in the academy as a vocal student.

"What is it now, bitch?" I asked, folding my arms.

"Shut your mouth, asshole. Anyway, did you see Ten's message or not?" She asked back impatiently.

A message from Ten? Our dance instructor? Why the hell would he send me a message?

"No, why?"

"Well, actually this message was from Mark but he dropped his android in the toilet bowl while rapping in the bathroom, don't ask. Mark suggested that you and I work together to produce a song since both of us can't think of anything." She explained.

Are you for real? Me and Na Chaemin, working together as a duo to write a song? That is literally equivalent to adding water and oil while frying a piece of beef during a cooking competition. We can't work well together at all!

"You must be joking. You know I despise you and you hate my guts." I told her.

Chenle, who was standing next to me the whole time, excused himself and left for the dorm first. Chaemin folded her arms and narrowed her eyes.

"Yeah, I hate you a lot too. But if Mark says we gotta work together, there's no other way around it."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Chaemin is actually okay with working with me? Did she forget how much we bickered during dance practice last time? It was horrible.

However, my brain was literally empty and just blank. No inspiration, nothing. I guess having another stupid brain could still come up with something.

"Fine, I'll do it." I said.

"Great, see you tomorrow loser." She turned around and walked off.

"Bye, hoe!" I called after her.

We'll see who's the real loser tomorrow when you've got nothing to contribute to the song.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

2019 will end horribly because 4 fvcking members are leaving NCT DREAM like wtf ?? i already cried a river when Mark left but this is FOUR members we're talking about.
someone just help ya girl is depressed. #7DREAM

also, sorry if the story sucks i haven't really got a solid plot in mind haha

EDIT:
SKSKSK IM SO LATE BUT
WELL WELL SM HAS FINALLY
GROWN SOME BRAINCELLS
AND DECIDED TO MAKE
7DREAM A FIXED UNIT
SO YAYYYYYYYYY