Chapter 41

When I woke up in the morning, Calum was still asleep with both arms wrapped around me. It was so warm, I didn't want to move. I close my eyes to try and fall back asleep, but the sun was too bright. As I force myself to get out of bed to close the blinds, I get pulled back down by Calum.

"Please don't leave. You help me sleep." He mumbles, not opening his eyes.

"I'm just going to close the blinds, don't worry I'm not going anywhere." I giggle.

"So, you are going to stay here?" He opens his eyes so they meet mine.

"Why would I go? You need me, Calum." I say before getting out of bed to close the blinds.

"You slept in your jeans? That can't be comfortable. Come here." He gets out of bed and quickly goes over to his closet. A bit nervous, I go up to him and watch what he pulls out for me to wear. "I mean, they'll be too big on you, but at least it's something." He nervously smiles as he hands me gray sweatpants and a Green Day t-shirt. I nod and take them before going into the bathroom to change. When I open the door, Calum was on the other side, waiting for me. He puts his hands up to his mouth trying to hide his laugh. "Okay, I think I should find you something else to wear." He giggles.

"Hold on, I got it." I close the door again. Once I open it again a few seconds later, his smile disappears when his jaw drops. I stood in front of him with only his shirt on, it being just long enough to go almost half way down my thighs. "That's better. Let's go back to bed." I smile innocently as I walk past him.

"Fuck Jen." I feel him stare at me as I walk back to his bed.

"Are we going to cuddle or not?" I giggle looking back at him.

"I mean, yeah we're gonna cuddle, but I can't promise I won't get turned on or anything." He admits as he's  gets back in bed with me.

"Quit staring at me!" I giggle and cover his eyes making him giggle.

"I can't help it! You're beautiful." He smiles as he moves my hand. His smile begins to grow. "It feels great to be able to tell you that without feeling guilty. You're beautiful." He repeats himself. I giggle but then frown as something crosses my mind.

"What about. . . The baby?" I ask nervously causing him to frown and turn to lay on his back.

"She faked it." He stares at the ceiling.

"What?" I frown, propping myself up on my elbow. "So. . . She tried to trap you? How did you find out?"

"Yeah. She knew something was different because I was actually happy. She didn't have any job so I was her only source of money and she was scared to lose that. When I rushed home after Michael called her, I caught her struggling to put on a baby bump thing around her stomach. The more I think about it, the more I realize how stupid I was to think she actually was pregnant. She hardly ever ate as if she was trying to lose weight, and the picture she showed me, there was nothing there." He sighs then turns his head to look at me. "You know, I've not been able stop thinking. . ." He starts, "I'm so sorry Jennifer. You were right, about everything. I never meant to hurt you.  I was so stupid for ever letting you go. And I am really sorry I never answered your calls, I knew I should of, I really wanted to but I thought I would just be a bother." He chokes as he looks at me, seeing the look I had on my face. "I know, I know, I wasn't going to be a bother, but I just felt like I was."

"I understand, I know that feeling, like you are nothing but a bother to everyone who is reaching out. it really hurts. Makes you feel like you are just slowly being forgotten." I sigh as I run the tip of my finger up and down his bicep.

"Yeah. . . I am just. . . so sorry Jennifer. I don't understand why I got so bad even though I knew you were always there for me." He starts to cry a little.

"Hey, it's okay. We were both upset. I didn't mean to hurt you either. I tried to make you choose between Maddison and I, that was very wrong of me, I shouldn't of done that." I frown as I gently wipe away the tears that found its way out of his eye. He sniffles and pulls me to lay back down and holds me close.

"Thank you for not leaving me. I love you Jennifer, I really do. So much." He sniffles as he puts his forehead against mine. It gets silent between us. "Can I kiss you?" He whispers making me smile and kiss him softly.