Chapter 34

It's been two weeks. Two long weeks since I talked to him. I had no desire to. The anger I had towards him was still so strong. His number in my phone happened to be blocked, but that doesn't keep him out of my mind. In fact, I happened to take down my posters of them and burned them, along with my drawings of him and their CD's I had. Kim of course disagreed with me on burning everything, but she knew how hurt I was and being my best friend, she was there to help and to comfort me.

As I walked into work, I force all of these negative thoughts to leave my mind. Today I was serving an event by myself. This was my first time in what felt like forever and I wasn't going to let anything ruin my shot at impressing my boss. After I clock in, I look behind me to see a cart full of everything I needed and a note.

Jennifer,

Everything you will need is on this cart. It is just five people tonight. Good luck! Please also fold some napkins for future events when you have the chance.

Eric.

Only serving five people? Easy. Rolling the cart full of everything to set the table with behind me, I head into the Oak Room where the event was held.

The guests were set to arrive any minute and I was waiting in the back room. It wasn't long before I heard the doors to that room close and voices inside the room. The only peculiar thing was that the voices sounded oddly familiar. Once I peak through the peak hole, my heart stops. It was them. 5 Seconds of Summer with who I assumed was their manenger. The first person I see is Calum, sticking out like a sore thumb with how depressed he looked. Before I walk out to greet them, I take a few deep breaths. Thank the lord it was just me serving tonight, I did not want to have any of my coworkers or boss see me like this.

Once I walk in and up to the table, they all smile at me, except for Calum who was not looking away from his hands in his lap.

"Good evening, my name is Jennifer and I will be your server tonight. Can I get you gentlemen anything else to drink other than your water?" I ask with a bright smile on my face.

"The water is fine thank you darling." Their manenger tells me.

"Could I have a Pepsi?" Michael smiles at me. I nod, my smile not leaving my face.

"Make that two please." Ashton smiles.

"Anything else?" I look at Calum and Luke.

"I think we're fine, thanks love." Luke speaks for Calum. I nod and walk into the back room to get Ashton and Michael their drinks. Before I walk back in, I also grab the bread basket. After setting it on the table, Luke reaches for one and tries to hand it to Calum who still refuses to look up.

"Here are your drinks." I set down the Pepsi's in from of Michael and Ashton. Ashton gasps slightly.

"Is that what I think it is?" He points to the band I forgot I had on my wrist. "You're a fan?" He smiles at me.

"I am," my smile grows, it hurt to think that I wanted to say not anymore, but this was the only time I was ever going to see them, I wasn't going to lie to myself today. "I have been ever since 2011. What are you guys doing here in Cedar Rapids?"

"They have been working so hard with writing music for the next album that I thought it would be fun to treat them with a small Christmas party of our own. I've heard that this Marriott is much nicer than the one we have in our town, and with this town being so small, it helps limit the paparazzi." Their manenger answers for them.

"Well, I'm not so sure about this hotel being nicer with how little I have travelled, but I do know that our chef is amazing." I smile at him.

"So I've heard, we're also here to see for ourselves." He responds.

After a few minutes, I walk back into the kitchen to tray up their meals.

"Hey we don't happen to have any extra Oreo cake, do we?" I ask our chef as he puts the meals on my tray.

"We have nearly a whole cake left, why?" He looks at me.

"This is their tiny Christmas party so I thought I would treat them with paying for a dessert. On the sheet I got for this event, it doesn't say they got any dessert." I carefully lift the tray, putting it up on my shoulder.

"I'll cut some pieces for you." He smiles at me causing me to return it before I walk out into the room. Setting down the tray, I take the covers off of two plates before setting them down in front of the boys. Calum, being the last one I served.

"Let me know if you need anything else." I smile at them before walking back into the back hall.