Chapter 27

My eyes shot open as I quickly sit up. Wiping some sweat off of my forehead as I look at my surroundings, I see I was in my room. My new bass sitting against the wall next to my bed waiting to be played. My memory of what truly happened was all a blur. The only thing I knew was that I had this deep feeling of guilt. Did Jennifer and I actually do something together? Did I kiss her? If I didn't, why did I have this terrible feeling of guilt? What happened? The only way I was going to find out is if I talked to her. Grabbing my phone, I begin to think about how to word such a text message.

Me: Hey Jen! I just wanted to say thank you again, so much for the guitar. I was also wondering what we did last night after you brought them out??

Jennifer: We sat in your car and watched The Princess Bride until you fell asleep. I had to wake you up after the movie so we could go home. Why?

Me: Is that all?

Jennifer: Yeah. Is everything okay?

Me: Yeah, I just had a weird dream. I couldn't remember what happened last night either.

Jennifer: What was the dream?

How was I supposed to tell her that I dreamed that we nearly had sex and she killed my girlfriend after my girlfriend technically killed her?

Me: Oh. . . I can't remember. I got to go! Talk to you later.

Jennifer: Oh, well if you remember later, let me know! Bye.

Me: Will do! Bye.

I get out of bed and make my way downstairs to get something to eat. When I do, I find the band was sitting in the kitchen practically waiting for me.

"Good Morning Calum!" Michael smiles at me.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask as I walk over to get a glass of water.

"Maddison invited us." Ashton smiles. I look over at Maddison who was sitting next to Luke, too close.

"Why?" I ask her.

"Just because, I thought it could be fun." She shrugs. "Why were you out so late, baby?" She stands. Now I know why she did this. This was her pity party. Ask me what happened, accuse me of stupid shit then the boys believe her. At least now with this, I end up going to see Jennifer. Only I think I had an idea.

"I'll show you why." I smirk to myself as I race upstairs and come back down with my bass in hands. "I went and got it fixed. Brand new."

"Wait it was broken?" Luke tilts his head.

"Yeah, Maddison and I got into a fight and she-." I start but she interrupts me.

"Oh that's wonderful baby! It looks amazing!" She gives me a hug.

"Did they polish it?" Ashton asks as he walks over to get a better look.

"Yeah. To make it look brand new." I tell him as I push Maddison off of me so I can put it away safely. "Anyway, I would like to go play some soccer. I'll see you guys later." I say as I start going upstairs.

"Wait a minute, Calum. We've hardly seen you lately. Why is that?" Michael asks as he grabs my wrist to stop me.

"And when was the last time you decided to play soccer?" Ashton asks cocking an eyebrow at me.

"I've been busy. And recently actually, I don't need you guys in order to play." I shrug.

"Doing. . .?" He looks at me wanting me to finish his sentence for him, ignoring my soccer comment. He knew I was trying to change the subject.

"Working." I shrug again. "I've been helping my parents around the house lately. That way I get to see my parents and save money on meals."

"Why do you need to save money? Foods cheap." Ash cocks an eyebrow. They were on to me. I needed to turn this around onto Maddison fast. I didn't need them ganging up on me again. That had to be the reason she invited them, and with all this guilt I was still feeling, I was worried I would end up telling them about Jennifer before I could stop myself.

"Because for her birthday, I told Maddison she can get whatever she pleased, and that was about three months ago and she still has my credit card. Still spending my money, I hardly have any left in my account." I say making them all look over at her. I smirk towards her when I see that so far, I'm winning this battle.

"Oh I do? Oopsie." She smiles cutely. "Let me go grab it for you." She races up the stairs, bumping shoulders with me on the way. "Here you go baby!" She gives it back along with a kiss on my cheek. She knew exactly what I was doing. 

• • • •

I got stuck at home for hours with the boys and Maddison. The only good thing about it was that Luke wouldn't leave Maddison alone about her using all of my money. I didn't get to talk to Jennifer all day, I missed her. Honestly I think it was mostly because of that dream I had. the image of her sitting in my lap kissing me was driving me crazy. The thought of her lips against mine. Her fingers tangling in my hair as we pulled each other closer, fighting for dominance. I couldn't get these thoughts out of my head, I never saw her this way and I didn't know how was supposed to feel. Knowing Jennifer, she had to of felt the same way I thought I was feeling. . . right? All this thinking made me lose my focus on our game causing the boys to look at me.

"Are you okay, Calum? You just zoned out for a minute." Michael furrows his brows as he looks at me.

"And you look a little pale." Luke adds as he leans over Ashton to feel my forehead.

"I'm fine." I push his hand away. "I just lost my focus." I mumble as I look back at our game trying to start a new round. They all three exchange looks before shrugging and playing one more round with me before our pizza delivery arrived. 

We all ate pizza while watching some soccer on TV. Maddison disappeared upstairs after hardly eating a piece. We continued our video games ignoring Maddison upstairs. If I was mistaken, I think we all knew what she wanted. And with my mates being loyal to me, they ignored it and left after she came back down in only a bra and underwear underneath a lace nightgown.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I growl as I cross my arms looking at her after they all left.

"What? Am I not allowed to wear this?" She snaps.

"Not in front of my mates. We all know what you're trying to get and it's never going to happen. Ever. Because unlike you, my mates are loyal to me." I glare. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a bath." I start walking upstairs and into the bathroom. All I wanted was a nice bubble bath to clear my head.