Chapter 35

After they were all done eating and gave me hugs goodbye, other than Calum, I was left to clean everything up before I could clock out. While putting the almost empty glasses onto a small tray, someone tapped on my shoulder. Looking behind me, I see Calum.

"J-Jennifer. . ." He chokes. "Please talk to me."

"I don't want to talk to you." I sigh as I go back to putting things on a tray.

"Just a few minutes, please I'm begging you." He sniffles, tears forming in his eyes. "I don't want to lose you Jennifer."

"You should of thought of that before you told me I'm desperate, not as pretty as your girlfriend, and that you don't love me." I turn back around, anger filling me up. "Calum how do you think I feel? First off, you left me after leading me to think we were going to have sex. Then I try to have a civil conversation with you about what happened and you just completely change. You talked to me like garbage, as if all I was to you was just a toy and that you didn't need me anymore." I start to tear up while I choke out my words. "How do you think that made me feel? Having you as even just a friend to me was a dream and you had to go and ruin everything! Showing how you truly are. No wonder you wont leave that bitch, you and Maddison make a perfect fit. You're both rotten." I wipe away a tear before it could fall too far down my cheek.

"I'm so sorry for everything I said to you, but you're not the only one who's hurt here, Jennifer." He chokes. "You haven't called me or texted me in two weeks! I didn't mean to leave you like that. I just- didn't want to end up cheating."

"Calum, you've been flirting with me for weeks! That is cheating. And it's too late to take back what you said to me. All I am to you, all I was, was just a desperate fan." I sniffle. Then, before Calum could respond, I look behind him and see his band members standing in the door way, jaws dropped.

"You're cheating on Maddé?" Ashton yells.

"You know her?" Luke asks.

"No wait, let me explain, please!" Calum turns to face them.

"No, we're telling Maddé." Michael frowns at him as he grabs out his phone and walks away. My heart sinks when Calum looks back at me, his eyes showing how broken hearted he really was.

"Michael please no!" He cries as he runs after him. I just stand there, tears slowly falling as Ashton and Luke look at me with hatred.

• • • •

Calum's POV.

I race home hoping that Maddison wouldn't answer or believe Michael. She was the last girl I had in my life and a baby on the way. Once I get home and race through the front door, I see her. Instead of happy to see that she wasn't in tears or had bags packed, I was shocked.

"M-Maddison? Wh-what are you doing?" I choke seeing that she had her shirt up as she was struggling to strap a pad against her completely flat stomach. A padding that was the exact shape and size a baby bump would be.

"Calum! What are you doing home?" She looks at me as she quickly tries to pull down her shirt to cover the padding that was now very crooked.

"You've been faking? This whole time, there was no baby?" I choke as I walk up to her.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She looks up at me.

"Tell me the truth, Maddison."

"Why don't you tell me the truth, Calum?" She yells as she takes out her phone and plays a voicemail from Michael.

"Hey Maddé, I hate to tell you this way but you need to know this. You were right. Calum is not loyal. He slept with a fan who happened to be our server tonight. I'm so sorry. Call me back when you get the chance and tell me what you would like us to do to help you. Bye."

"You've been sneaking off to cheat on me!" She chokes. "How could you? With a baby on the way even!"

"You're not pregnant!" I yell, trying to calm down a little so my words came out clearly. "I just walked in on you trying to put on a fake baby bump!"

"That's not the point," she walks over and grabs a suitcase from behind the couch, "the point is you cheated on me. I'm leaving. This is over." She chokes as she starts to walk past me.

"Maddison wait please." I choke reaching for her.

"No! Don't touch me!" She chokes as she dodged my grab.

"Please don't leave me! You're all I have left." I sob. She watches me break down for a moment before she walks out the door and gets into her car, driving away. I fall on my knees, bawling. I had lost the band, my girlfriend, and Jennifer. All in one night. Pulling on my hair until it nearly rips out of my scalp. The pain was unbearable. All I wanted to do was hurt myself so the emotional pain didn't feel so bad, but I didn't move from that spot. I couldn't pull myself up, I just sat there, bawling and nearly screaming from all of the anger. How was I supposed to get any of them back?